Old Corona is being rebuilt and Angry and Red have returned. They have decided to retire from their lives as thieves and permanently settle down in Corona. However, Red does not seem that excited about their idea, and would rather stay in their old tree house in the woods, but Angry will not listen. While inspecting Old Corona's progress, a shepherd rushes over to Rapunzel with news that something has been terrorizing all livestock in the kingdom. Nobody knows what it is but it has all the sheep flocks running scared. Rapunzel and her friends begin investigating and discover what appears to be wolf prints. However, the prints are bigger than a regular wolf, and the tracks aren't side by side, meaning it walks on two feet. So it could not be a wolf. Just then they notice something lurking in the woods. Rapunzel, Eugene and Lance chase after it. Rapunzel captures the unknown stalker with her hair, who turns out to be a tracker named Captain.
At the castle, Captain Creighton explains that she is hunting a werewolf which happens to be in Corona. According to her book, the wolf's curse travels the globe in search of hosts who harbors suppressed rage. It inhabits that person's body and turns him or her into a werewolf whenever there is a full moon. Creighton plans to find the werewolf and destroy it, only for Rapunzel to protest. If one of her subjects was a werewolf she wasn't going to let her cause harm to that person. After throwing Creighton out, Rapunzel makes a plan to find the wolf first and try to help it in anyway. She hopes to do this quietly and avoid causing panic, but the whole kingdom quickly becomes aware of the werewolf.
According to Creighton's book, a werewolf in its human form has a blue paw shaped mark known as "the mark of the wolf", which is found somewhere on the person's hands, arms or face. Since the curse feeds on someone with suppressed rage, they just have to find someone who harbors seated anger. During her investigation, Rapunzel begins to suspect that Monty is the werewolf, especially when she notices the blue mark on him. During the night, Rapunzel, Eugene and Lance follow him, and when they suspect he's fleeing they chase after him on Maximus and Fidella. When they catch up with him, they realize he is not the werewolf, since the full moon is out and he hasn't grown any fur or fangs.
In Old Corona, people are in panic because the werewolf is attacking the village. Creighton arrives at the scene with her crossbow. the werewolf flees into the woods and Rapunzel goes after it. However, the werewolf soon chases after her and corners her. It is at this point that Rapunzel realizes the werewolf is actually Red when she notices her necklace around the beast's neck. With Angry's help, they find Red hiding in their old tree house. She has the mark of the wolf on left cheek. It turns out about a month ago when Angry decided they should move to Corona, Red went for a walk after she wouldn't listen to her wishes to stay in the woods. During that night, Red stumbled upon the werewolf curse which offered her an opportunity to be heard, using her concealed anger to get what she wants. So, she gave in.
Creighton's book happens to have a ritual that can get rid of the curse. They carry out the ritual on Janis Point during the full moon, but as they cast the incantations, Red halts everything, saying she doesn't want to get rid of the wolf. Then she lets out her feelings and frustrations of everyone saying whats best for her and how she longs to be heard and make decisions for herself. Just then, Creighton shows up and reveals there is no ritual that can get rid of the curse. She only added that in the book as a ruse to lure werewolf out. Suddenly, Red transforms into the werewolf and flees into the woods.
Creighton goes after Red, but she quickly overpowers the hunter and has her at her mercy. However, she is stopped by Angry who apologizes for not listening to her and promises to do better. This enables Red to return to her senses and lets Creighton go, who flees. The next day, Angry and Red move back into their newly rebuilt and expanded tree house after coming to a compromise between each other.
- Kiera and Catalina
- Princess Rapunzel
- Eugene Fitzherbert
- Creighton (debut appearance)
- Montgomery "Uncle Monty"
- Lance Strongbow
- Shorty (cameo)
- Cassandra's Battle-Suit
- Lycanthrope (only appearance)
- The title references the The Three Little Pigs storybook and the song from the Silly Symphony of the same name
- Lance Strongbow has a liking for Monty's gumballs and green licorice
- Princess Rapunzel, Eugene and Lance all return to Janus Point, where the first disciple of Zhan Tiri, Sugerby, had attempted use her "students" paintings to release her master from the otherworldly prison, in "Painter's Block"
- The way Captain Creighton is thrown out of the castle in this episode is similar to the way Varian was thrown out of the castle in Queen for a Day.
- Princess Rapunzel told Catalina how her closest friend and companion had turned on her and embraced the dark powers of the ancient Moonstone Opal; similar to Catalina's refusal to release the Curse of the Wolf from herself.
- Angry's name is revealed be "Kiera" while Red's is "Catalina"
- The way Rapunzel smears one of Catalina's facial markings in this episode is similar to the way Lance smudged Varian's fake goatee off the chin in Rapunzel's Return.
- The way Catalina puts her hand on her elbow at the beginning of this episode when she is having thoughts about moving to Corona is similar to the way Varian puts his hand on his elbow in Rapunzel's Return when he is feeling remorseful is similar to the way Rapunzel put her hand on her elbow at the end of Rapunzel's Return and it similar to the way Eugene puts his hand on his elbow in Not in the Mood when he isn't his normal self.
- Varian also put his hand on his elbow in Queen for Day when he tells Rapunzel that the black rocks are destroying everything.
- The way Rapunzel discovers that werewolf is Catalina in this episode is similar to the way Varian found out that the Sun Drop Flower's magic is inside Rapunzel in The Alchemist Returns.
- The Ghostly Girl, who had lead Cassandra to witness her lonely, unloved childhood past at merely four years old, returns to her, stating that she is here to help Cassandra master the Moonstone's full powers by tapping into her deepest rage and hatred towards Princess Rapunzel, for causing (in indirectly) her own mother to abandon her.
- The way Catalina runs away to escape from Captain Creighton in this episode is similar to the way Cassandra ran away to escape from Rapunzel, Eugene, Lance, Maximus, Pascal, Shorty, Adira and King Edmund at the beginning of Rapunzel's Return is similar to the way Varian escaped from the castle guards, Cassandra and Eugene in The Alchemist Returns.
- The way Rapunzel tells Kiera and Catalina about Cassandra burying her anger in this episode is similar to the way Rapunzel told Varian that she knows how it feels to be betrayed since she was betrayed by Cassandra in Rapunzel's Return.
- The way Kiera ignores Catalina's feelings in this episode is similar to the way Varian told everyone of Corona that he won't be ignored in Secret of the Sun Drop.
- The way Kiera, Rapunzel, Eugene and Lance perusades Catalina about her angry feelings in this episode is similar to the way Rapunzel perusaded Varian that he shouldn't carry out his plan of erasing everyone's memory in Rapunzel's Return and it is similar to the way Rapunzel persuded Varian that he should let her mom go if Rapunzel's hair won't free Quirin from the amber in Secret of the Sun Drop and it is also similar to the way Rapunzel perusaded Varian to give her the flower in The Alchemist Returns.
- The way Kiera tells Catalina to stop hurting Captain Creighton in this episode is similar to the way Rapunzel told Varian to stop encasing her mom inside the amber in Secret of the Sun Drop.
- The way Rapunzel prevented Captain Creighton's rifle from hurting Catalina in this episode is similar to the way Varian ran to Master Dr. St. Croix to stop the Elemental Remogrifier from building too much pressure in The Great Expotations.
- Kiera and Catalina have new outfits and hairstyles from this episode and onwards.
- Red is shown to be still wearing the leaf necklace she received from Angry in "Vigor the Visionary".
- The Egyptian jackal-headed god Anubis appears on a page of the Lycanthrope book.
- The way Catalina puts her hands on her chest when she reveals her angry feelings to Kiera, Rapunzel, Eugene and Lance in this episode is similar to the way Varian puts his hand on his chest when he revealed his angry feelings to Rapunzel in The Alchemist Returns.
- The way Rapunzel, Pascal, Eugene and Lance spy on Monty at night to see if the latter is a werewolf in this episode from behind the barrels is similar to the way Varian, Rapunzel, Pascal, Eugene, Lance and Maximus see Clementine, Juniper and Maisie putting the Quirineon on a ship in Rapunzel's Return from the crates.
- The way Catalina puts her teeth on each other when she reveals her angry feelings is similar to the way Varian puts his teeth on each other when he is angry at Rapunzel in The Alchemist Returns and Secret of the Sun Drop.
- Eugene and Lance make a reference to Painter's Block.
- The way Catalina closes her eyes after she said I'm not the monster in this episode is similar to the way Varian closed his eyes when he said If he were from the amber now, well, he'd be ashamed in Rapunzel's Return and it is similar to the way Varian closed his eyes when he remembered the black rocks are at Old Corona in Queen for a Day.
- The way Rapunzel tells Catalina "This is not the way you deal with those feelings" in this episode is similar to the way Rapunzel told Varian "Just this is not the way" in The Alchemist Returns when she and him can find a way to fix all of this, the rocks, Quirin, everything.
- The way Catalina puts her hands on her chest in this episode when she is mad is similar to the way Varian puts his hands on his chest in Secret of the Sun Drop when he said Oh! So now you care about what I want.
- The way Rapunzel comforted Catalina after she is feeling down about staying at Corona which is what Kiera wanted in this episode is similar to the way Rapunzel comforted Varian after he was feeling down in Rapunzel's Return because Quirin would be ashamed of Varian if Quirin is free from the amber he would see everything that Varian had done also it is similar to the way Eugene comforted Rapunzel when she is feeling down in Secret of the Sun Drop also it is similar to the way Rapunzel comforted Varian in Queen for a Day and it is similar to the way Cassandra comforted Varian when he wasn't the winner of the Exposition of Sciences in Great Expotations.
- Lance made a reference to Big Brothers of Corona when he and Eugene gave Kiera and Catalina nicknames.
- This is the second episode Kiera says thank you to Rapunzel. The other episode that Kiera said thank you to Rapunzel when the latter and Eugene reunited Kiera with her "mom and dad" in Vigor the Visionary.
- This is the third episode to have a cold opening. The first two episodes that have a cold opening is Not in the Mood and There's Something About Hook Foot.
- This is the second time that Kiera and Catalina are laughing. The first time that Kiera and Catalina are laughing is Big Brothers of Corona.
- This is the only episode that Kiera says her real name.
- The way Catalina's eyes are in the same position when she is transforming to wolf in this episode is similar to the way Varian's eyes were in the same position when he says Today, the King and Queen, Tomorrow, Corona in Rapunzel's Return.
- The way Kiera's fist is in the same direction as Varian's fist in Great Expotations and Secret of the Sun Drop.
- This is second episode that Lance is riding Fidella after Rapunzel's Return.
- The way Catalina looks down when she stops saying the ritual in this episode is similar to the way Varian looked down when he regrets him about stealing the Sun Drop flower from the vault in The Alchemist Returns.
- The way Rapunzel, Eugene and Lance wearing cloaks when they are spying on Monty in this episode is similar to the way Rapunzel wore the cloak in Rapunzel's Return and The Eye of Pincosta.
- It is also similar to the way teenage Eugene and teenage Lance wore in No Time Like the Past and also Lance wore a cloak in The Return of Strongbow.
- The way Rapunzel asked Kiera where is Red in this episode is similar to the way Rapunzel asked Red where is Angry in Vigor the Visionary.
- The way Eugene notices that Red and Angry are in danger in this episode is similar to the way Eugene realized that Rapunzel is in trouble in The Alchemist Returns and it is also similar to the way Xavier realized that Rapunzel is in danger in Painter's Block and also the way Varian told Rapunzel that Quirin is in danger in Queen for a Day.
- Varian doesn't appear in this episode.
- The way this episode has a red scene is similar to the second half of Secret of the Sun Drop.
- The way Catalina wants to be heard in this episode is a reference a lyric of Ready As I'll Be when Varian sings I'll make them hear me.
- When Catalina revealed her angry feelings to Rapunzel, Pascal, Kiera, Eugene and Lance in this episode is similar to the way Varian revealed his betrayal to Rapunzel and Pascal in The Alchemist Returns.
- The way Catalina is angry in this episode when she doesn't want to finish saying the ritual is similar to the way Varian was angry in The Alchemist Returns when he said Oh, do you honestly expect to be concerned about the welfare of Corona!
- The way Rapunzel tells Eugene and Lance to follow the unknown person in this episode is similar to the way Rapunzel told Pete, Stan, Lance and Hook Foot to stop Ruddiger from being invisible and hurting the guards and the Captain of the Guard in Secret of the Sun Drop.
- The way Catalina's hands are in the same position when she is throwing objects at people in this episode is similar to the way Varian's hands were in the same position when he threw his alchemy to the floor to escape the castle in The Alchemist Returns.
Click here to view the gallery for this article.