Rapunzel and the citizens of Corona, including Varian, Xavier, Kiera, Catalina, Monty, Feldspar, and the pub thugs; planned to rebuild the throne room, which was damaged during the battle with the Saporians. Unfortunately, everyone soon started to argue with each other. During which, they broke a wall open, revealing a hidden map to a mythical treasure. This gave Rapunzel an idea of holding a race to claim it, hoping it will be just the pick-me-up the people of Corona need.
With a bingo-inspired machine she made, Rapunzel have the racers partnered up with someone. Soon, the race began and it was off to a good start. But soon, some of the racers, including Rapunzel, became annoyed by their assigned partners.
But when Feldspar, who turned out to be able to read Saporian, revealed the map's warning of a curse, he and Rapunzel zoomed ahead of the others in attempt to save them. The citizens didn't believe them and accuse them of cheating at first, but when Eugene and Lance unwittingly unleashed the curse by opening the treasure chest, they found themselves surrounded by mummies and in a panic. But thanks to Rapunzel's encouragement, they fought back and undo the curse. The experience brought them closer together as fellow citizens of Corona and they soon finish rebuilding the throne room. Old Lady Crowley was left behind.
- Princess Rapunzel
- Eugene Fitzherbert
- Lance Strongbow
- Kiera and Catalina
- Old Lady Crowley
- Stan and Pete
Powerful Magical Objects
- Magic Blonde Hair
- General Herz Der Soone's Treasure (first and final appearance)
Kingdoms and Realms
- Corona Castle
- Herz Der Sonne Crypt
- We learn more about the late King Herz Der Soone of the ancient Coronan kingdom, as well as his long-lost treasure. The late king was first introduced in a flashback in "Under Raps" when his kingdom and Saporia were at war but ended due to the mutual romantic affections he and the warrior-maiden general of Saporia.
- Varian has a new outfit from this episode and onwards although his brown pants are similar to his brown pants that he wore during season one and Happiness Is... and at the end of Rapunzel's Return and an error of him wearing his original outfit in when he is on Fidella in Once a Handmaiden...
- Also his gloves that he is wearing alongside his third season outfit is similar to his gloves that he wore with his bad boy outfit in Rapunzel's Return.
- The way Varian puts his head down while holding a helmet on his head when he is sitting on grass when he hears another one of Xavier's legends in this episode is similar to the way Eugene put his head into a cap and screams In Like Flynn when King Frederic said that they don't need uniforms.
- Old Lady Crowley breaks the fourth wall at the end of the episode when she asks is anybody there.
- This is the second episode Rapunzel has an invention. The first episode that Rapunzel has built an invention is Great Expotations.
- This is the second episode that two characters say "untold riches" after Painter's Block.
- The episode's overall plot is also similar to the 1963 epic comedy film It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.
- It is also similar to The Loud House episode "It's a Loud, Loud, Loud, Loud, House", which also bases it's story off of the movie.
- The way Varian made a face when he is frightened by a mummy and the way a mummy chases Varian and Xavier are references to the Scooby Doo franchise.
- Also the way Varian runs away from a mummy is similar to the way Shaggy Rogers from the Scooby Doo franchise runs from monsters.
- The hot air balloons reappeared from Under Raps and Rapunzel's Return and it will also appear in Islands Apart and Race to the Spire.
- The Throne Room is repaired after the damage caused by the fight with the Separatists of Saporia in "Rapunzel's Return".
- Ruddiger trying to trap Maximus, only for them to backfire on him is similar to Wile E. Coyote's attempts to trap the Roadrunner.
- It's revealed that Feldspar can read Saporian language.
- This is Rapunzel's third time wearing shoes, following Tangled: Before Ever After (not including the disguise in "Rapunzel's Enemy") and "Painter's Block".
- Mrs. Crowley using an umberella to fly away references Mary Poppins.
- The way Pascal saves Varian from the mummy is similar to the way Pascal saved Varian from falling off the airship in Rapunzel's Return. It is also similar to the way Maximus saved Eugene from Dale in Fitzherbert P.I.
- The way Rapunzel smiles when she sees Kiera and Stan attacking a mummy at the crypt in this episode is similar to the way Rapunzel smiled when she saw Varian betraying Andrew, Clementine, Kai, Juniper and Maisie and it is also similar to the way Rapunzel smiled when she saw that it was Varian who tossed an alchemy ball at Andrew's sword in Rapunzel's Return.
- It is also similar to the way Rapunzel smiled when Eugene rescued the former in Secret of the Sun Drop, Rapunzel smiled when Stalyan returned to her to fight Malice Marauder in The Eye of Pincosta and it is also similar to the way Rapunzel smiled when Eugene, Lance and Maximus are outside of the cell in Rapunzel's Return.
- The way Varian, Xavier, Kiera, Stan, Catalina, Pete, Ruddiger, Hamuel, Maximus, Pascal, Monty and Vladimir walk towards Rapunzel and Feldspar in this episode is similar to the way Varian, Andrew, Clementine, Kai, Juniper and Maisie walked towards Eugene, Lance, Ulf and Shorty before Rapunzel and Maximus join their friends in Rapunzel's Return.
- Cassandra did not appear in this episode.
- The way Rapunzel shows her new invention to Varian, Ruddiger, Eugene, Maximus, Lance, Kiera, Catalina, Pete, Stan, Xavier, Monty, Vladimir, Old Lady Crowley, Feldspar and Shorty in this episode is similar to the way Rapunzel showed her invention to the crowd in Great Expotations.
- When Xavier says" And so, goes the legend of the wildman dummy," while Varian is rowing the boat with an oar in this episode, Varian's eyes and eyelashes are in the same position when he betrayed Rapunzel in The Alchemist Returns.
- The way Kiera and Stan trick Varian and Xavier into thinking that "Stan" is drowning so the former two steal the hot air balloon that Varian build for him and Xavier in this episode is similar to the way Varian used their "past" friendship trick Rapunzel into helping him steal the Sun Drop flower in The Alchemist Returns.
- This is the second time that Varian is seen laughing after The Secret of the Sun Drop although he isn't laughing evilly again.
- The way Rapunzel removes the tarp from her invention in this episode is similar to the way she removed the tarp from the amber in The Quest for Varian and it similar to the way Varian removed the tarp from the amber and his drill in The Secret of the Sun Drop. Rapunzel will also remove the cloak from wax statue that resembles Mother Gothel in A Tale of Two Sisters.
- It is also similar to the way Rapunzel and Varian removed the tarp from their inventions in Great Expotations and it is also similar to the way Varian removed the tarp from the machine that he build in What the Hair?!
- The way Varian's arms are in a position when he says "Enough with the legends" when he is mad at Xavier while they are inside a canoe in this episode is similar to the way Eugene's arms were in when he said "You are not helping" to Lance in Rapunzel's Return.
- Also Varian puts one of his arm when everyone cheered after the mummies are defeated in this episode is similar to the way Eugene puts one of his arm up when he said "I'm going after Rapunzel" Anybody else? in Rapunzel's Return.
- This is the second episode that Eugene and Lance have a food coma.
- Lance had a food coma in Pascal's Story and Eugene had a food coma in Return of the King.
- This is the second time Varian is shown to be clenching his fists in this episode when he is arguing with Kiera and the others. The first time Varian was shown to be clenching his fists when he is going to vow revenge on Rapunzel and the people of Corona for turning their backs on him in Queen for a Day by making them pay.
- It is going to be similar to the way Zhan Tiri will clench her fist after she exits the portal in Cassandra's Revenge
- The way Catalina stands on one foot while putting the other foot on the rock and Varian stands on one foot while putting the other foot on the wall in this episode is similar to the way Eugene stands on one foot while putting the other foot on the the tree trunk in Who's Afraid of the Big, Bad Wolf? and Eugene also stands on one foot on a rock when he is trapped inside a cave alongside Hamuel and Domino
- The way Varian's hair is wet after he fell into the river and also Kiera's hair is wet when Monty and Vladimir splashed her in this episode is similar to the way Eugene's hair was wet when he fell into the water and at the end of Max and Eugene in Peril on the High Seas Hook Foot's hair is wet and it is similar to the way Rapunzel's hair, Eugene's and Cassandra's hair was wet from the rain in Keeper of the Spire and Mirror, Mirror and also Cassandra's hair was wet when she fell into the water in Challenge of the Brave. Also, Rapunzel's hair, Eugene's hair, Cassandra's hair, Hook Foot's hair, Max's mane and Fidella's mane became wet after a flash flood in Curses! and King Pascal. Also, Rapunzel's hair, Eugene's hair, Cassandra's hair, Hook Foot's hair, Shorty's hair abd Adira's hair are wet in Forest of No Return. Rapunzel's hair is also wet when she fell into the water in Under Raps.
- The way Kiera and Stan are tricking Varian and Xavier into thinking that "Stan" needs help from drowning in this episode is similar to the way Varian tricked Rapunzel into helping him steal the Sun Drop Flower in The Alchemist Returns.
- The way Varian sits after he picks up the helmet and the way he stands after sitting in this episode is similar to the way he sits and then standing up during the reprise of Let Me Make You Proud.
- Also the way Varian asks huh? when he holds the helmet is similar to the way he said huh? when he saw that he isn't holding his alchemy ball before he ran away from Maximus in Rapunzel's Return.
- This is one of the three episode that Varian is bored and the other episodes are Cassandra's Revenge and Plus Est En Vous.
- The way Varian finds out that "Stan" needs help is a hoax in this episode is similar to the way Eugene found out that the father and son trip to Mount Saison was a hoax in Return of the King when in reality King Edmund took the sash from his son's bedroom offscreen is is similar to the way King Frederic found out that the "dummy" Varian was a hoax in Secret of the Sun Drop.
- Xavier is the fourth person to say she's right when Rapunzel notices that King Herz Der Sonne's map about his lost treasure after Hook Foot and Eugene in Curses! and Varian in Secret of the Sun Drop
- This is the second episode that the words untold riches are said in an episode after Painter's Block.
- Running gag
- Rapunzel and Feldspar are called cheaters by Varian, Xavier, Kiera, Stan, Catalina, Pete, Vladimir, Monty, Ruddiger, Hamuel, Pascal and Maximus for using a map.
- Rapunzel made a reference to the first half of Rapunzel's Return when she, Eugene, Pascal, Lance, Maximus, Ulf and Shorty fought against Varian, Andrew, Clementine, Kai, Juniper and Maisie.
- Varian also mentioned his former villainous friends Andrew, Clementine, Kai, Juniper and Maisie because the latter five use hot air balloons as their mode of transportation.
- The way Feldspar can translate Saporian in this episode is similar to the way Shorty can translate Ulf in Rapunzel's Return.
- The way Varian is rushing to aid "Stan" in this episode when he sees "Stan" in danger of drowning is similar to the way Varian is attempting to find a solution to the black rocks before they reach the castle in Queen for a Day and it is also similar to the way Varian helped Cassandra with her chores in Great Expotations.
- When Varian pushes Xavier from behind in this episode is similar the way Barry and his Empoleon push Ash, Brock and Kenny in the Pokémon episode Stopped in the Name of Love!. Also, Eugene will push Pete and Stan during Through It All
- Varian's new backpack only appears when Varian puts books into it, when he closes it, when he carries it and Varian walks away to build a hot air balloon when he drags Xavier from behind.
Click here to view the gallery for this article.