Ruddiger is a supporting animal character in Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure. Ruddiger is currently owned by Varian. Despite the dark path that his owner's anger was obviously leading him down, Ruddiger chose to remain at Varian's side, no matter what became of him.
Not much is known about Ruddiger.
Ruddiger has monochrome fur and a long striped tail, like all raccoons. He is chubby, with green eyes and one long snaggle-tooth, which is only seen when his mouth is open.
Under the influence of Varian's formula, the raccoon became larger than a human while his fur turned brown. His eyes turned white, and his formerly small teeth and claws become sharper and longer, which made him look ferocious. He also had odd blister-like patches on his elbows and knees.
In Cassandra's Revenge, Ruddiger wears goggles and a pair of gloves that look very similar to Varian's current goggles and gloves.
Ruddiger enjoys eating apples, spending time with his young owner and friend, Varian, and getting attention from him. Initially appearing as a sluggish pest, Ruddiger evolved with his screen time. When Varian became a villain bent on destroying Rapunzel, Ruddiger proved his nobility by actively working with the royal family to foil Varian's schemes. Though fearful, Ruddiger has never become spiteful towards his master; he seems to believe that Varian will someday regain his conscience and compassion, as evidenced by his choosing to remain by Varian's side after the alchemist was arrested.
When Ruddiger was under the influence of Varian's formula, the raccoon became violent towards the people that came near him. The formula buried Ruddiger's kind, sweet, and friendly nature and brought out an untamed wild, and vicious side to the raccoon.
- What the Hair?! (first appearance)
- Great Expotations
- Queen for a Day
- The Alchemist Returns
- Secret of the Sun Drop
- The Lost Treasure of Herz Der Soone
- The King and Queen of Hearts
- Day of the Animals
- Be Very Afraid!
- Cassandra's Revenge (also twice on mural)
- Plus est en Vous (final appearance)
- Ruddiger made his first appearance in "What the Hair?!," but his name wasn't revealed until "Queen for a Day."
- In "Cassandra's Revenge," Ruddiger wore goggles and a pair of gloves that look very similar to Varian's current goggles and gloves.
- When Princess Rapunzel encountered the friendly raccoon in "The Alchemist Returns," she knew the name that Varian had given him, which suggests that Varian had introduced his pet to Princess Rapunzel around when he was showing her the black rocks that appeared in his village.
- He is the second raccoon to appear in an animated franchise featuring a Disney princess; the first was Meeko in Pocahontas and Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World.
- He sits on Varian's neck in "Secret of the Sun Drop" and "Be Very Afraid"; also he sits on Eugene and Quirin's neck in "Plus Est En Vous."
- He doesn't appear in season two.
- Despite Corona (supposedly) being based in 1800s Austria, raccoons are in fact native to the Americas. While they are present in certain parts of Europe, they weren't introduced to the continent until the mid-20th century.
|— Characters —|
|Main characters||Rapunzel • Eugene Fitzherbert • Cassandra • Pascal • Maximus|
|Other characters||King Frederic • Queen Arianna • Varian • Quirin • Angry and Red • Lance Strongbow • Fidella • Nigel • Hook Foot • Ulf • Xavier • Weasel • Ruddiger • Monty • Mrs. Sugarby • Old Lady Crowley • Owl • Ruthless Ruth • The Stabbington Brothers • Friedborg • Feldspar • Four Sisters • Attila • Axel • Lady Caine • Willow • Captain of the Guards • Andrew • Uumlaut • Shorty • Pete and Stan • Fernanda Pizazzo • Separatists of Saporia • The Collector • The Baron • King Herz Der Sonne • King Trevor • King Edmund • General Shampanier|