The path of black rocks leads Rapunzel and her companions to the Great Tree, an ancient, magical place. They encounter the unpredictable Hector and discover the moonstone magic formula. Hector proves to be a dangerous adversary to the group, and Rapunzel realizes that her only chance to save her friends is the uncontrollable Moonstone magic formula.
The path of black rocks leads Rapunzel and her companions to the Big Tree, an ancient, magical place. On their way to it, they encounter the unpredictable Hector, the last member of the Brotherhood and discover the Moonstone's uncontrollable Decay Incantation inside the tree. After traversing the interior of the tree, all of them ended up in a fight with Hector near the exit, who got pushed off by Adira and fell far down to the tree's heart. In a last resort to stop them all, he removed the spear inhibiting the dark magic, awakening it. That magic possessed him and eventually overpowered Rapunzel's companions, but was foiled by her usage of the second Incantation. This however, withered Cassandra's right arm when she touched Rapunzel in an attempt to stop the incantation, although her cries of anguish managed to achieve that. As the tree starts collapsing as a result, Adira went down to the heart with the magical spear while the Coronans escape.
- Mandy Moore as Rapunzel
- Zachary Levi as Eugene Fitzherbert
- Eden Espinosa as Cassandra
- James Monroe Iglehart as Lance Strongbow
- Jeff Ross as Hook Foot
- Paul F. Tompkins as Shorty
- Kelly Hu as Adira
- Jonathan Banks as Quirin (flashback)
- Kim Coates as Hector (debut appearance)
- The Great Tree (first appearance)
Powerful Objects of Supreme Power
- Magic Blonde Hair
- Moonstone (flashback & picture on scroll)
- Sundrop Flower (picture on the scroll)
- Shadow Blade
- The German version of the title in English is The Power of the Moonstone.
- This is the fourth special episode of the series, the others being Queen for a Day, Secret of the Sun Drop and Beyond the Corona Walls.
- The alternative lyrics version of the Healing Incantation was sung by Rapunzel, and the spell activated new magic of Rapunzel's hair which is called the Reverse Incantation (spell).
- The way Hector grabs Adira's chin during the flashback at the beginning of the episode is the exact same way Zira grabbed Nuka's chin during the song "My Lullaby" in The Lion King II: Simba's Pride. Also, it is the same way Cassandra would grab Eugene's chin while tempting Rapunzel into fighting her during the second half of the third-season special Cassandra's Revenge.
- This episode is referenced by Cassandra during the episode Rapunzel: Day One because Rapunzel recited the Reverse Incantation (spell) which burned the former's arm.
- There is a flashback of Rapunzel when she still has short brown hair, and it happens prior to the movie Tangled: Before Ever After.
- Varian and Quirin are mentioned during the episode by Adira.
- Quirin also appeared in a flashback when he is still encased inside the amber.
- Cassandra wears a new armored outfit at the end of the episode to the season two finale one hour special episode Destinies Collide.
- This is the third time the closing theme More of Me is not featured, the previous being the season one finale episode Secret of the Sun Drop.
- The way Lance carries Eugene during the episode is going to be similar to the way Varian will fall into Lance's arms at the near end of the one hour special episode Cassandra's Revenge.
- Cassandra's face that she made during the episode is similar to Varian's face that he made during the second half of the special one hour episode Secret of the Sun Drop.
- The way Cassandra tells Adira "Look, Adira, you may have sold my friends on being the wise but kooky, old mentor, but I’m not buying it. I’m watching you." during the episode is similar to the way Rapunzel told Pascal and Maximus "What did you two do? And don't try to cute-squeak your way out of this, 'cause this princess ain't buying it." during the episode Not in the Mood. Also, it is similar to the way Wuya said "Forget it, Jack" and "I'm not buying" when Jack Spicer said "You can let me go now" during the Xiaolin Showdown episode Citadel of Doom. Plus, it is similar to the way Kimiko told Omi "Yeah, we're not buying it" when she, Raimundo and Clay read Omi's letter during the Xiaolin Showdown episode The Crystal Glasses. Also, Raimundo said "I don't know what she's selling, but I ain't buying" during the Xiaolin Showdown episode Chameleon when he, Clay and Omi were talking about Kimiko. Plus, Raimundo said "Good cover" and "We completely bought it" to Omi during the Xiaolin Showdown episode Katnappé!.
- The way Cassandra says "I think you're playing us" is similar to the way Raimundo said "Kimiko is just playing us" during the Xiaolin Showdown episode Chameleon.
- The way Eugene and Lance are separated from Rapunzel, Pascal, Cassandra, Maximus, Hook Foot, Shorty and Adira during the episode is similar to the way Omi was separated from Raimundo, Kimiko, Clay and Dojo during the Xiaolin Showdown episode My Homey Omi. Plus, Eugene and Adira were separated from Rapunzel, Pascal, Cassandra, Lance, Hook Foot and Shorty also Maximus and Fidella were briefly separated during the episode Forest of No Return. Also, Ash and Brock were separated from Misty during the Pokémon: The Johto Journeys episode Forest Grumps. Plus, Ash and Brock were separated from May, Max and Pikachu while Jessie, James and Meowth were separated from each other during the Pokémon: Advanced episode A Hole Lotta Trouble. Plus, Ash, May, Max and Brock were separated from Pikachu while Jessie and James were separated from Meowth during the Pokémon: Advanced Challenge episode A Scare to Remember. Also, Ash and Brock were separated from Dawn during the Pokémon: DP Galactic Battles episode Promoting Healty Tangrowth!. Plus, Ash, Brock and Pikachu were separated from May, Mudkip, Torchic, Corphish and Max while Jessie, James and Wobbuffet were separated from Meowth during the Pokémon: Advanced Challenge episode A Shroomish Skrimish. Also, May and Drew were separated Ash, Pikachu, Brock and Max during the Pokémon: Advanced Battle episode Who, What, When, Where, Wynaut? Plus, Ash and Pancham were separated from Pikachu, Frogadier, Fletchinder, Hawlucha, Serena, Braxien, Clemont, Bunnelby, Luxray, Bonnie and Dedenne while Jessie and James were separated from Meowth during the Pokémon the Series: XY Kalos Quest episode So You're Having a Bad Day!. Also, Ash was briefly separated from Pikachu, Aipom, Turtwig, Staravia, Brock, Croagunk, Happiny, Sudowoodo, Dawn, Piplup, Buneary, Pachirisu and Buizel during the Pokémon: Diamond and Pearl episode A Maze-ing Race!.
- Eugene and Lance hallucinating the Buddy Song is similar to the plot of the Loud House special episode Really Loud Music. Moreover, the entire song has a similar beat to that episode's song "Changing Luna."
- The way there a lot of scrolls are shown during the one hour special episode and the upcoming episode Islands Apart is the same way there are a lot of scrolls that appeared during the Xiaolin Showdown episode Saving Omi and the Xiaolin Chronicles episode The Call of the Dragon.
- During the chase scene as Eugene's half of the caravan runs off the cliff and on to Rapunzel's the chain Hector threw at it, Hector himself, and his rhino is missing.
- Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure: Rapunzel and the Great Tree (Part 1). Retrieved January 21, 2019.
- Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure: Rapunzel and the Great Tree (Part 2). Retrieved January 21, 2019.