Rapunzel, Eugene, Pascal, and Lance were starting the day's duties when they saw Old Lady Crowley taking things out of Cassandra's old room. Rapunzel, believing that Cassandra is still her friend, was against it. Later, Rapunzel was looking fondly over her old friend's things when Eugene tried to convince her to let Cassandra go and move on. But Rapunzel told him that "friends don't leave friends behind" and left the room with a box filled with some of Cassandra's things, unaware that during their conversation, an ancient hourglass fell into it.
Soon, Rapunzel found it while talking to Pascal about Cassandra and accidentally made it send them both back in time and they ran into a teenage Lance and Eugene. They also learn that they're in the bodies of the Stabbington Brothers (Rapunzel in Sideburns and Pascal in Patchy). In a state of shock and panic, Rapunzel and Pascal got themselves arrested by the younger guards. But they managed to escape and find a book in Xavier's shop, which explains the hourglass they found and how to use it.
Pretending to be Sideburns, Rapunzel convinced teenage Eugene and Lance to sneak her inside the castle and steal the hourglass in the royal vault. But as they tried to get away in the underground tunnels, Lance got caught in a trap and was left behind. Rapunzel scolded Eugene for leaving his friend behind and went back to save Lance.
As Rapunzel worked to get Lance out of jail, Eugene had a change of heart and came to help. They all escape capture and fled to the woods, where Rapunzel and Pascal use the hourglass to send themselves back to the present. When they returned to their time, Rapunzel was surprise to see Eugene putting Cassandra's things back in her room after the conversation they had. Eugene apparently believe he told Rapunzel about Old Lady Crowley throwing Cassandra's things away and said that even though he questions Cass's tastes, she's still their friend. Rapunzel decides not to question it, for she agreed that friends don't leave friends behind.
- Princess Rapunzel
- Eugene Fitzherbert (as an adult and a teenager)
- Lance Strongbow (as an adult and and a teenager)
- Old Lady Crowley
- The Stabbington Brothers (seen by those in the ten-year past)
- Varian (younger self; cameo)
- Pete and Stan
- Captain of the Royal Guards
Powerful Magical Objects
Kingdoms and Realms
- The title is the exact opposite of the saying "No time like the present"
- We see how teenage Eugene first came up with "the smolder"
- Even as a toddler and teenager, Lance still had no hair.
- Rapunzel remembers the path that she, Varian, Ruddiger and Pascal went to the underground tunnels in "The Alchemist Returns".
- The way Pascal freaks out when he sees that he is inside the body of teenage Patchy is similar to the way Sebastian freaked out when he sees his reflection during the song "Part of Your World" from The Little Mermaid.
- The way Rapunzel says How could you to teenage Eugene in this episode is similar to the way Rapunzel said How could you to Varian in Rapunzel's Return and The Alchemist Returns.
- The way Rapunzel and Pascal are shocked to see that they are inside the bodies of teenage Sideburns and Patchy is similar to the way Catalina was shocked when Kiera scared her in Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? and it is similar to the way Varian was shocked to see Rapunzel using the Black Rocks to defeat him in Secret of the Sun Drop.
- The way Teenage Eugene catches a vase to keep it from falling in this episode is similar to the way Pascal will snag the solution to keep it from smashing in Be Very Afraid and it will also be similar to the way Varian catch Rapunzel's engagement ring that is meant for Eugene in Cassandra's Revenge.
- The painting that Lance and Eugene hide in front of is the same one that Anna poses in front of in the song For the First Time in Forever from Frozen.
- The way Rapunzel trick teenage Eugene and teenage Lance into helping her and Pascal steal the hourglass in this episode so that she and Pascal can return to the present is similar to the way Kiera and Stan trick Varian and Xavier into thinking that "Stan" is drowning so the former two steal the hot air balloon that Varian build for him and Xavier in The Lost Treasure of Herz Der Sonne similar to the way Varian used their "past" friendship trick Rapunzel into helping him steal the Sun Drop flower in The Alchemist Returns.
- When Rapunzel tickles Pascal during the episode is going to be similar to the way she tickles him during the episde Be Very Afraid
- This is the second episode of the series that Eugene has been inside of Cassandra's bedroom. The first was Painter's Block.
- The way Rapunzel needs help from Teenage Eugene and Teenage Lance to steal the hourglass in this episode is similar to the way Rapunzel needed Stalyan's help in The Eye of Pincosta and it is also similar to the way Varian needed Rapunzel's help to steal the Sun Drop Flower from the Royal Vault in The Alchemist Returns.
- The way Rapunzel and Pascal are accidentally detained in this episode is similar to the way Attila was accidentally detained in One Angry Princess.
- It is also similar the way that the guards are taking Rapunzel and Pascal to the prison wagon in this episode is similar to the way Pete and Stan are taking Varian to the prison wagon in Secret of the Sun Drop.
- The way Rapunzel, Eugene and Lance hide from Pete, Stan and Maximus during the epiosde is similar to the way to the way Rapunzel and Pascal hid from Kai and Maisie during the second half of Rapunzel's Return and it is similar to the way Pascal hid from the evil doppelgañgers of Eugene, Cassandra, Lance and Shorty and it is similar to the way Rapunzel and Cassandra hid from the Lorbs during the episode King Pascal and it is similar to the way Rapunzel and Eugene hid from Lance at the beginning of The Return of Strongbow. It will also be similar to the way Varian hides from Cassandra during the episode Cassandra's Revenge.
- The way Rapunzel, teen Eugene and teen Lance are on top of each other when they are inside the dumbwaiter in this episode is similar to the way Rapunzel and Varian are being squished between two walls of the tunnels in The Alchemist Returns.
- The way Rapunzel distracts Pete and Stan by pretending to be Sideburns while Pascal grabs the keys from Pete to free her and Pascal in this episode is similar to the way Catalina distracted The Baron's men while Kiera grabbed the keys from The Baron's men in Big Brothers of Corona to free Eugene and Lance.
- Eugene tells Rapunzel that he's the one that always say "Friends don't leave friends" but it was Rapunzel that said it to him before she rescued Lance from the prison cell.
Click here to view the gallery for this article.