He is well known by everyone in the Kingdom and everyone loves him. However, despite his reputation of being the nicest man in the kingdom he dislikes the Princess because she changed Corona's traditions. He also comes from a long line of Gopher Grab champions, and everyone in his family has won the Kingdom's Good Will Gopher Grab.
Up until his debut in Rapunzel's Enemy, Monty was never able to win the tournament until Rapunzel, in disguise, helped him fulfill his dream. Despite Rapunzel helping him win the tournament and saving his life, Monty still chooses to remain enemies with her, inspiring Rapunzel to do the same.
In One Angry Princess, Monty still holds a mutual dislike for Rapunzel to a degree, but is far less hostile than before. At one point, he genuinely commends Rapunzel's on her selflessness in helping prove Attila's innocence after he was accused of vandalizing Monty's shop. When Rapunzel apologizes for the damage done to Monty's establishment, Monty says it's okay and explains that he was planning on redecorating the sweet shoppe anyway, and implies that he had been inspired by Rapunzel to do so. By then end, Attila is proven innocent, and a merge is created between his bakery and Monty's shoppe, now known as "Monty's Sweet Shoppe with Attila the Bun's Bakery".
Despite his negative feelings for Rapunzel, in "Hiccup Fever" he willingly tries to help the princess cure her hiccups along with the rest of Corona.
In the season 3 premiere, Monty isn't too happy to see that Rapunzel has returned to Corona but smiles when Rapunzel is happy to see him. Monty appears throughout the season and although his fear is not revealed in "Be Very Afraid", Monty is among those who watch Lance's performance to help them get over their fears.
Monty later plays a big part of trying to defeat Zhan Tiri in "Plus Est En Vous", along with other citizens of Corona and three members of the Brotherhood and goes to help Rapunzel along with everyone. Monty is later seen celebrating happily ever after with the rest of the kingdom and the other people from outside of Corona and villains following Zhan Tiri's demise and witnesses Rapunzel becoming queen of Corona.
- Rapunzel's Enemy (first appearance)
- Challenge of the Brave (cameos)
- Under Raps (cameos)
- One Angry Princess
- Big Brothers of Corona
- Max's Enemy
- Queen for a Day (no lines)
- Painter's Block
- Secret of the Sun Drop
- Happiness Is... (hallucination; no lines)
- Mirror, Mirror (mentioned and food art)
- Rapunzeltopia (dream; no lines)
- Rapunzel's Return
- Who's Afraid of the Big, Bad Wolf?
- The Lost Treasure of Herz Der Sonne
- The King and Queen of Hearts
- Be Very Afraid (no lines)
- Cassandra's Revenge (on mural and cameo)
- Once a Handmaiden...
- Plus Est En Vous (final appearance)
- Monty's design was inspired by a mix of Captain Kangaroo and Eric Goldberg.
- It is revealed in "One Angry Princess" that Monty's name is short for Montgomery.
- It is also revealed that Monty wears glasses to help him read.
- Although Monty does not appear in season 2, he is mentioned by Eugene's clone in "Mirror, Mirror".
- He dislikes Rapunzel.
- Despite not getting along with each other for a while, it appears in season 3 that Rapunzel and Monty have gotten over their dislike for each other.
- Monty gets along well with everyone in Corona accept for Rapunzel. It is also stated in "Rapunzel's Enemy" that everyone loves him.
- He introduced Stan to his wife.
|— Characters —|
|Main characters||Rapunzel • Eugene Fitzherbert • Cassandra • Pascal • Maximus|
|Other characters||King Frederic • Queen Arianna • Varian • Quirin • Angry and Red • Lance Strongbow • Fidella • Nigel • Hook Foot • Ulf • Xavier • Weasel • Ruddiger • Monty • Mrs. Sugarby • Old Lady Crowley • Owl • Ruthless Ruth • The Stabbington Brothers • Friedborg • Feldspar • Four Sisters • Attila • Axel • Lady Caine • Willow • Captain of the Guards • Andrew • Uumlaut • Shorty • Pete and Stan • Fernanda Pizazzo • Separatists of Saporia • The Collector • The Baron • King Herz Der Sonne • King Trevor • King Edmund • General Shampanier|