Max and Eugene get into distress and save themselves on a passing ship. Unfortunately, it turns out that it is a prison ship and the prisoners have taken control after a mutiny on board.
However, they manage to save themselves on a passing ship, only to learn it is a prison barge where all the criminals have escaped and taken control. It also includes almost every enemy Eugene and the group has faced. Eugene and Maximus attempt to escape, but discover the villains plot to ambush the cargo ferry and set out to stop them.
Meanwhile, Rapunzel and the gang discover Eugene and Maximus are missing and set out to rescue them. Eugene and Maximus argue on how to handle the situation until they are separated and captured. They are forced to walk the plank until Rapunzel and the group arrive in time to save them, leading to the criminals defeat. With the villains foiled, the group arrive safely back on the mainland with Eugene and Maximus reconciled, having come to respect and appreciate each other's different point of views.
- Mandy Moore as Rapunzel
- Zachary Levi as Eugene Fitzherbert
- Eden Espinosa as Cassandra
- James Monroe Iglehart as Lance Strongbow
- Jeff Ross as Hook Foot
- Paul F. Tompkins as Shorty
- Ron Perlman as The Stabbington Brothers
- Laura Benanti as Lady Caine
- Jess Harnell as Pocket
- Artt Butler as Dale
- Dee Bradley Baker as Axel
- The German version of the title in English is Danger on the High Seas.
- Corona's criminals, including Lady Caine, her thugs and Dwayne, Axel, Pocket and Otter, Dale, Axel, the Stabbington Brothers and Anthony the Weasel return in this episode.
- This is the only episode of the entire series to have a title card.
- This is the second time Rapunzel enters the living quarters after Beyond the Corona Walls when she entered it to find out that Eugene is proposing to her.
- Eugene makes a reference to Fitzherbert P.I. when he exposed Dale as The Fake Giovanni.
- Eugene mentions that he used to want to live in a castle, referring to when he and the Stabbington Brothers stole Rapunzel's crown and Eugene said he imagined himself living in a castle.
- When the Stabbington Brothers fall through a trapped door on the barge, Eugene gives them the same bye signal as he did when he escaped with Rapunzel's crown in the movie. Sideburns also screams out "Rider!", just like he did in the film.
- Maximus chews up a piece of paper like a shredding machine, similar to how he did in the movie.
- Rapunzel and the group are revealed to have stayed on the island for six weeks.
- Moral: Always follow the rules when it comes to safety.
- The way Teen Eugene is shown on a wanted poster on the bulletin board in this episode foreshadows No Time Like the Past when Rapunzel and Pascal traveled back to the past and met Teen Eugene and Teen Lance.
- The way Lady Caine laughs in this episode is similar to the way Varian laughed in Secret of the Sun Drop.
- This is the second time Rapunzel gives a command to Lance and Hook Foot after Secret of the Sun Drop. Also, Rapunzel gave an order to Eugene, Lance, Cassandra, Hook Foot, Fidella and Maximus when they are inside the storm in King Pascal.
- The way Cassandra is punching Pocket in this episode is similar to the way Vex and Captain Quaid punched Anthony the Weasel in The Return of Quaid and also Eugene punched one of the Baron's men in Beyond the Corona Walls and also Cassandra punched Andrew in Under Raps and the people of Vardaros in Goodbye and Goodwill.
- The way Sideburns and Patchy fall to the bottom of the prison barge is similar to the way King Trevor fell to the bottom of the trap door of his castle at the near end of In Like Flynn when he is tricked by Eugene and King Frederic.
- Four men and two women from Corona and a man and a woman from Vardaros appear at the end of this episode.
- When Lady Caine reveals herself, her skull tattoo is on her right arm instead of her usual left.
- Cassandra and Lance are not shown at the end of the episode.
- After Rapunzel takes her pirate hat off, it disappeared when she and Maximus walk to Eugene.
- February 10, 2019 (Germany)
- Disney Television Animation News post. Retrieved February 7, 2019.
- Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure: Peril On The High Seas. Retrieved January 16, 2019.