Max and Eugene get into distress and save themselves on a passing ship. Unfortunately, it turns out that it is a prison ship and the prisoners have taken control after a mutiny on board.
However, they manage to save themselves on a passing ship, only to learn it is a prison barge where all the criminals have escaped and taken control. It also includes almost every enemy Eugene and the group has faced. Eugene and Maximus attempt to escape, but discover the villains plot to ambush the cargo ferry and set out to stop them.
Meanwhile, Rapunzel and the gang discover Eugene and Maximus are missing and set out to rescue them. Eugene and Maximus argue on how to handle the situation until they are separated and captured. They are forced to walk the plank until Rapunzel and the group arrive in time to save them, leading to the criminals defeat. With the villains foiled, the group arrive safely back on the mainland with Eugene and Maximus reconciled, having come to respect and appreciate each other's different point of views.
- Mandy Moore as Rapunzel
- Zachary Levi as Eugene Fitzherbert
- Eden Espinosa as Cassandra
- James Monroe Iglehart as Lance Strongbow
- Jeff Ross as Hook Foot
- Paul F. Tompkins as Shorty
- Ron Perlman as The Stabbington Brothers
- Laura Benanti as Lady Caine
- Jess Harnell as Pocket
- Artt Butler as Dale
- Dee Bradley Baker as Axel
- The German version of the title in English is Danger on the High Seas.
- Corona's criminals, including Lady Caine, her thugs and Dwayne, Axel, Pocket and Otter, Dale, Axel, the Stabbington Brothers and Anthony the Weasel return during the episode.
- This is the only episode of the entire series to have a title card.
- This is the second time Rapunzel enters the living quarters after Beyond the Corona Walls when she entered it to find out that Eugene is proposing to her.
- Eugene makes a reference to the episode Fitzherbert P.I. when he exposed Dale as The Fake Giovanni.
- Eugene mentions that he used to want to live in a castle, referring to when he and the Stabbington Brothers stole Rapunzel's crown and Eugene said he imagined himself living inside a castle.
- When the Stabbington Brothers fall through a trapped door on the barge, Eugene gives them the same bye signal as he did when he escaped with Rapunzel's crown during the movie. Sideburns also screams out "Rider!", just like he did during the film.
- Maximus chews up a piece of paper like a shredding machine, similar to how he did during the movie.
- Rapunzel and the group are revealed to have stayed on the island for six weeks as of this episode.
- Moral: Always follow the rules when it comes to safety.
- The way Teen Eugene is shown on a wanted poster on the bulletin board during the episode foreshadows No Time Like the Past when Rapunzel and Pascal traveled back to the past and met Teen Eugene and Teen Lance.
- The way Lady Caine laughs during the episode is similar to the way Varian laughed during the second half of the one hour special season one episode finale Secret of the Sun Drop.
- This is the second time Rapunzel gives a command to Lance and Hook Foot after Secret of the Sun Drop. Also, Rapunzel gave an order to Eugene, Lance, Cassandra, Hook Foot, Fidella and Maximus when they are inside the storm during the episode King Pascal.
- The way Cassandra is punching Pocket during the episode is similar to the way Vex and Captain Quaid punched Anthony the Weasel during the episode The Return of Quaid and also Eugene punched one of the Baron's men during the episode Beyond the Corona Walls and also Cassandra punched Andrew during the episode Under Raps and the people of Vardaros during the Goodbye and Goodwill.
- The way Sideburns and Patchy fall to the bottom of the prison barge is similar to the way King Trevor fell to the bottom of the trap door of his castle at the near end of In Like Flynn when he is tricked by Eugene and King Frederic.
- Four men and two women from Corona and a man and a woman from Vardaros appear at the end of the episode.
- The way Rapunzel, Cassandra, Hook Foot and Lance notice that Eugene and Maximus are missing during the episode is the same way Rapunzel noticed that Pascal was missing during the season one episode Pascal's Story and the series respectively. Also, it is the same way Omi, Raimundo, Kimiko and Clay noticed that Dojo was missing during the Xiaolin Showdown episode Master Monk Guan. Plus, it is the same way Omi, Raimundo, Kimiko, Clay and Ping Pong noticed that Dojo was missing during the Xiaolin Chronicles episodes Heal Me and Planet of Dragons. Also, it is the same way Raimundo, Kimiko and Clay noticed that Omi was missing during the Xiaolin Showdown episode The new Order. Plus, it is the same way Raimundo was missing during the Xiaolin Showdown episode Oil in the Family.
- The way Lady Caine tells Dale to lose the accent during the episode is similar to the way Ash told Pikachu "Let's try to lose her!" when the former was referring to Misty at the end of the Pokémon: Indigo Plateau episode Showdown in Pewter City.
- When Lady Caine reveals herself, her skull tattoo is on her right arm instead of her usual left.
- Cassandra and Lance are not shown at the end of the episode.
- After Rapunzel takes her pirate hat off, it disappeared when she and Maximus walk to Eugene.
- February 10, 2019 (Germany)
Click here to view the gallery for this article.
- Disney Television Animation News post. Retrieved February 7, 2019.
- Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure: Peril On The High Seas. Retrieved January 16, 2019.