Maybe I make things a mess
And maybe you're right to have doubts in me
Maybe, but nevertheless
If you for once could just trust me
Just this once let me come through for you
The way that you want me to
Let me make you proud
Let me show you the best in me
Let me give you a reason to believe that I can stand tall
And when I return
And I'm more than you dreamt I'd be
Maybe then you will realize that you never actually knew me at all
Sure, I've made lots of mistakes
I know that I've disappointed you
Still, though, whatever it takes
I'm gonna fix it, just watch me
Just you wait, I'll make it up to you
If it's the last thing I ever do
I will make you proud
I will make you have faith in me
I will prove that the way I used to be is all in the past
I will save the day
And come back here triumphantly
'Cause I long for that look of surprise when you see your son rising at last
The pride in your eyes when you see your son rising at last
I will make you proud
Get the answers and set you free
Don't you worry, whatever it might take, I'm finding a way
And I swear right now
That no matter what comes of me
Anybody who stands or has stood in my path, they are going to pay
They... will... pay
- It is sung during the supernatural blizzard which is revealed to be one of the many forms of Zhan Tiri herself can become whatever suits her needs much like the warlock and a demon.
- This song is quoted by Varian after he is arrested at the end of Secret of the Sun Drop.
- Also, Varian and his dad quoted this song during the second half of the episode Rapunzel's Return. Quirin will also quote this song when he and Varian are having a moment alone during the episode Plus Est En Vous.
- The melody of this song can be heard at the near end of the episode Rapunzel's Return when Varian and his dad are reunited and it also can be heard when Varian and his dad are having a father-son moment during the series finale episode Plus Est En Vous.
- This is the first song to have the lyrics "through", "trust" and "once". The second song to have the lyric "trust" and prove" is Ready As I'll Ever Be. The third song to have the lyrics "trust" and "through" is Everything I Ever Thought I Knew.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the The Disney Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with the Tangled: The Series Wiki, the text of The Disney Wiki is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|