King Pascal is eighth episode of the second season of Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure. It premiered on August 12, 2018.
Rapunzel and her friends continue on their journey of following the Black Rocks, leading them to beyond the mainland and out to sea. They convert the Caravan into a boat, but a storm quickly appears and soon, everyone becomes stranded on a beautiful beach on an unidentified landmas. Everyone gets to work on building shelter and spilt into teams, deciding to make a fun contest out of it with Eugene. The boys and Fidella against Rapunzel, Cassandra, Maximus, and Pascal. Pascal tries to help in any way he can, but because of his small size, Rapunzel begins to unintentionally make him feel unimportant and treats him more of a pet than a friend. Eventually, Rapunzel, Cass, Max, and Pascal finish their hut and while they go off looking for more supplies, they are met by tiny creatures called the Lorbs. They notice that Pascal strongly resembles their King, Lizardos, the small chameleon is given royal treatment while Rapunzel, Cass, and Max get treated as his servants, causing them to realize how they have been treating Pascal the same way due to his small size.
Meanwhile, Eugene, Lance and Hook Foot are building their hut. Their first hut gets carried away by ants, and the second one gets destroyed by Shorty. The Lorbs, meanwhile, plead for Pascal's help when they reveal their food source is dangerously low as they come under attack by a firefly. Because Pascal eats bugs they believe he is the solution to their problem, only for Rapunzel, Cass, and Max to discover it is a giant fire breathing firefly. They rush to warn Pascal before it is too late. Pascal faces the creature, but he quickly finds himself running for his life. He soon reunites with Rapunzel who apologizes for her earlier behavior towards him. Once the truth has been revealed to the Lorbs about who Pascal really is, Rapunzel and her friends help fight off the creature but find it almost impossible to beat. However, Rapunzel discovers the firefly is not actually evil but is simply eating too many of the Lorbs' hot peppers, resulting in the fire breath. They try to feed it more cooling food, but all attempts fail until Pascal nearly sacrifices himself to stop the creature. Once the creature has been stopped, Pascal is hailed as a hero and the group returns to Rapunzel and Cassandra's hut to relax and wait until they are rescued.
- Mandy Moore as Rapunzel
- Eden Espinosa as Cassandra
- Zachary Levi as Eugene
- James Monroe Iglehart as Lance Strongbow
- Jeff Ross as Hook Foot
- Paul F. Tompkins as Shorty
- Flula Borg as Alfons
- Russi Taylor as Florina/Lorb Guard
- Richard Horvitz as Jorn/Borb
- Rapunzel, Eugene and Cassandra wear their island outfits from this episode to Happiness Is....
- This is the debut of Alfons and the Lorbs.
- The caravan is transformed into a boat, but it is destroyed during the episode. Next, it is going to be repaired during the episode Max and Eugene in Peril on the High Seas, then it is destroyed again at the beginning of the first half of the season two finale special one hour episode Destinies Collide when Rapunzel, Eugene, Pascal, Maximus, Cassandra, Fidella, Lance and Shorty arrived at the Dark Kingdom on their final leg of their journey to the Dark Kingdom.
- The way Alfons and the Lorbs made Rapunzel's nose wrong on her statue is a reference to the way Eugene's nose on the wanted posters was made wrong which the latter pointed out during the movie Tangled.
- The way Pascal is feeling down during the episode is the same way he was feeling down during the episode Pascal's Story which foreshadows the upcoming episode Day of the Animals when he, Ruddiger and Maximus are feeling down after they walk away from each other because of their argument.
- This is the second episode in which Pascal has a fake-out death, the first being during the second half of the first-season special Queen for a Day. Similarly, Eugene has a fake-out death a few episodes later in Max and Eugene in Peril on the High Seas. Plus, it is the same way Varian's father's "death" is revealed to have been a fake-out at the near end of the second half of the third-season premiere Rapunzel's Return. Also, it is the same way Gus had a fake-out death when he was revealed to be alive during the Bakugan Battle Brawlers: New Vestroia episode Utlimate Weapon.
- This is one of the episodes of the series that Eugene says Pascal, the other episodes that Eugene say Pascal are the upcoming episodes Destinies Collide, Pascal's Dragon, Cassandra's Revenge, Race to the Spire and Once a Handmaiden...
- The way Rapunzel can't handle spicy foods during the episode is the same way Brock, Pidgeotto, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Ash, James, Jessie and Meowth can't handle spicy food during the Pokémon: Indigo Plateau episode Pallet Party Panic. Plus, it is the same way Raimundo can't handle spicy foods during the Xiaolin Chronicles episode Heal Me.
- The way Pascal is treated as a royal by Alfons and the Lorbs during the episode is the same way The Meowth of Team Rocket was treated as a royal by the villagers on Golden Island during the Pokémon: Adventures in the Orange Islands episode Meowth Rules!. Plus, it is the same way Dojo was treated like a royal during the Xiaolin Chronicles episode Planet of Dragon. Also, it is the same way Charles is treated like an upper-class individual during the Loud House episode A Mutt Above.
- Plus, Bunga is treated as "the chosen one" by the red pandas in the Lion Guard episode Ghost of the Mountain. However, that episode came out over a year after King Pascal aired for this show.
- This is the second episode of the series that Rapunzel says "Listen up" after the season one episode One Angry Princess. Plus, it is the same way Joey said "Listen up" during the Yu-Gi-Oh! episode Mechanical Mayhem, Part 2.
- The way Pascal gathers a small pile of grass and Maximus gathers a large pile of grass during the episode is the same way Maximus and Axel compete against each other to see which one of them is going to be Fidella's love interest during the episode Max's Enemy.
- The way Eugene and Cassandra are barefoot for the first time during the episode, There's Something About Hook Foot and Happiness Is... is the same way Raimundo, Kimiko and Clay were shown barefoot in an alternate universe while Clay himself was the leader during the Xiaolin Showdown episode Time After Time: Part II.
- The way Rapunzel hurts Pascal's feelings during the episode is the same way Omi, Raimundo, Kimiko and Clay hurt Dojo's feelings during the Xiaolin Showdown episode Master Monk Guan. Plus, it is the same Piplup's feelings were hurt during the Pokémon: DP Sinnoh League Victors episode Piplup, Up and Away! Also, it is the same way Ash hurts Bayleef's feelings during the Pokémon: Johto League Champions episode Turning Over A New Bayleef. Plus, it is the same way SpongeBob hurts Gary's feelings during the SpongeBob SquarePants episode Have You Seen This Snail?. Also, it is the same way May hurts Torchic's feelings during the Pokémon: Advanced episode Having a Wailord of a Time. Plus, it is the same way Ash hurts Pikachu's feelings during the Pokémon Journeys: The Series episode Betrayed, Bothered and Beleaguered!. Also, it is the same way Chloe hurts Yamper's feelings during the Pokémon Journeys: The Series episode There's a New Kid in Town!.
- When Cassandra takes her boot off, it returns to being worn again without her putting it back on, then switches back to being held in her hand again for the remainder of the scene.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the The Disney Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with the Tangled: The Series Wiki, the text of The Disney Wiki is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|