"Great Expotations" is the eighth episode of the Disney Channel animated series, Tangled: The Series. It premiered on July 30, 2017.
Cassandra is given the chance to be a guard, but only if she can complete her handmaiden duties in time.
A science exposition is held in Corona, and Cassandra has a chance to be on guard duty, but she must finish her Lady-in-waiting obligations first. Varian makes a deal with Cassandra that he will help finish her chores if she agrees to assist him in his demonstration. However, Cassandra accepts the assignment to guard the famous scientist who is judging the contest and thus is unavailable to help. When things go wrong, though, she chooses her friend over duty. Meanwhile, Rapunzel tries to make an entry for the science fair. Varian shows Cassandra and Rapunzel the strange Black Rocks outside his village, much like the ones that made Rapunzel's hair grow back. Varian decides to help Rapunzel and Cassandra in discovering the mystery of these rocks and the connection between them and the newfound magical abilities of Rapunzel's regrown hair.
- Mandy Moore as Princess Rapunzel
- Zachary Levi as Eugene Fitzherbert
- Eden Espinosa as Cassandra
- Jeremy Jordan as Varian
- M. C. Gainey as Captain of the Guard
- Sean Hayes as Pete
- Diedrich Bader as Stan
- Ping Wu as Stilt Inventor (debut & final appearance)
- Jessica St. Clair as Fernanda Pizazzo
- Barry Bostwick as Doctor St. Croix
- Jeffrey Tambor as Big Nose
- Paul F. Tompkins as Shorty
- The character Fernanda Pizazzo resembles a fortune teller character present in early concepts of Tangled.
- The title is a play on Charles Dickens' classic 1860 novel Great Expectations.
- A "potation" is a drink.
- This is Varian's second appearance in the show.