When their caravan breaks down, Rapunzel and Cassandra wander off, where they eventually meet a couple only known as the Mother and Father, who trick them into drinking a tea that turns them into birds. Though assured can use magical eggs to return to normal before they lose their intelligence within an hour, the group finds out that the Mother and Father have been tricking and imprisoning innocent people as birds. The group escapes and use the eggs to restore the villains' victims to normal. Realizing that there's only one egg left, and Cassandra and her are both still birds, Rapunzel breaks the egg on Cassandra, turning her back into a human. Angry and upset, Cassandra smashes the magic teapot, causing the villains to vanish. Fortuitously, a transformed Shorty produces the eggs needed to turn Rapunzel and himself back to normal.
Click here to view the gallery for this article.
- Mandy Moore as Rapunzel
- Zachary Levi as Eugene
- Eden Espinosa as Cassandra
- James Monroe Iglehart as Lance Strongbow
- Jeff Ross as Hook Foot
- Paul F. Tompkins as Shorty
- Kathy Najimy as Mother
- Christian Borle as Father
- Rapunzel wears her original dress in this episode.
- Shorty disappearing in the bush is a reference of Homer's bush meme from The Simpsons.
- Character designer Amanda Jolly received the 2019 Annie Award for Outstanding Achievement for Character Design in an Animated Television / Broadcast Production for her work on this episode.
- The episode's title shares its name with the Song by Lynyrd Skynyrd.