After a nightmare of confronting Cassandra, the Captain of the Guards realizes that he cannot face off against his daughter. So with a heavy heart, decides to retire from his position as Captain of the Guards and makes Eugene his successor. He has seen how much Eugene has changed over the years and sees him as the perfect man for the job and so does everyone else. All except Eugene, who does not seem sure about accepting the position and needs time to think about it. However, his time to think it over is interrupted when a thief who has taken his former identity, Flynn Rider, has stolen Rapunzel's tiara. Unable to think of anything else and feeling insanely upset and jealous, Eugene sets out with Rapunzel, Pascal and Maximus to find the new Flynn Rider and confront him while appointing Lance as temporary Captain until he returns.
In no time, Eugene and the others find the imposter and quickly capture him, but unknown to them, they are secretly being followed by a mysterious figure who turns out to be the Baron. Turns out he has been through rough times since their last encounter. He has lost everything in his life and now sets out to seek revenge against Eugene, blaming him for his misfortune, but he kidnaps the impostor instead. Pretty soon, Eugene finds himself captured by the Baron as well. When it looks like he and the fake Flynn are going to die, Flynn apologies and admits he was inspired by Eugene's former life and reputation. He wanted that for himself, believing his life as Brock Thunderstrike meant nothing. Brock manages to escape thanks to Eugene, but leaves Eugene until Pascal comes and saves him from drowning. However, Brock returns and saves Eugene from the Baron after a change of heart. Afterwards, Eugene makes his peace with Brock, has the Baron thrown in jail and decides to accept the honor of being Corona's next Captain of the Guard.
- Eugene Fitzherbert
- Lance Strongbow
- Princess Rapunzel
- Brock Thunderstrike (only appearance)
- Baron (final appearance)
- Kiera and Catalina
- King Edmund (far-off cameo)
- Nigel (far-off cameo)
- Fidella (right next to Varian)
- Big Nose
- Old Lady Crowley
- Pete and Stan
- Cassandra (nightmare)
- King Frederic
- Queen Arianna
- Stalyan (mentioned)
Objects of Immense Power
- Magic Blonde Hair
- Cassandra's Armor (nightmare)
- Moonstone Opal (nightmare)
- Shadow Blade (nightmare)
- Black Rocks (nightmare)
- Flynnoelum (second appearance)
(In a nightmare)
- Cassandra: "It doesn't matter how many of you there are. All of you will fall!!"
- Captain of the Guards: "Cassandra. stand down!!"
- Cassandra: "You're the one who should stand down, Father!!"
- Captain of the Royal Guards: "I don't want to fight you!"
- Cassandra: "No, my power!! I don't need my powers to defeat you!!"
- The title is a play on "imposter" and what Rapunzel calls Brock Thunderstrike, due to him tarnishing her boyfriend's former reputation as a thief.
- It was revealed why Eugene's "wanted" posters always got his nose wrong. The person who created the posters had damaged glasses.
- The way Rapunzel, Pascal and Maximus are annoyed of Eugene talking to the impostor in this episode is similar to the way Kiera is bored for missing the fight of Rapunzel versus Cassandra is similar to the way Varian and Eugene are bored of waiting outside on the precipice in "Cassandra's Revenge". Also, Pascal is bored when he heard Lance talking about the kitchen incident that he doesn't have again at the beginning of Be Very Afraid. Also, Eugene was bored when he said "what puzzle" in Cassandra v. Eugene while he and Cassandra have been locked inside a prison cell by Rapunzel. Also, Hook Foot and Seraphina are bored when they are having a date in There's Something About Hook Foot
- The way The Baron is the third person to fight Rapunzel alone in this episode is similar to the way Cassandra fought Rapunzel alone in Cassandra's Revenge and it is also similar to the way Rapunzel fought Varian in Secret of the Sun Drop.
- The crab that appears in this episode also appeared in There's Something About Hook Foot and Islands Apart.
- A wanted poster of Dwayne and Axel from "Max's Enemy" is shown in this episode.
- The Baron is seen again. He was last seen in his debut in the Season Two premiere.
- This is the second appearance of the Flynnoelum after it debuted in "What the Hair?!"
- Rapunzel commented "Talk about your fixer upper" which is what Timon said once he saw a barren in the Pride Lands in The Lion King
- This is the third episode that Varian has built an invention. The first two episodes that Varian's inventions were shown in What the Hair and Great Expotations.
- The way Rapunzel gasps when she sees The Baron this episode after he tied Eugene and Brock to a pole is similar to the way Rapunzel gasped when she saw the wax statue of Mother Gothel in A Tale of Two Sisters and Rapunzel gasped when she and Varian turned around to see Cassandra at the Demanitus Chamber and Rapunzel also gasped when she said "Ugh. You weren't there." in Cassandra's Revenge also Rapunzel gasped when she sees that "Little Cassandra" doesn't have a shadow in Islands Apart and Rapunzel gasped when she said the Copper Mines of Malanay in The Eye of Pincosta is similar to the way Rapunzel gasped when she saw Varian at the castle in Rapunzel's Return and it is also similar to the way Rapunzel gasped when she saw her mom has a chain and it is also similar to the way Rapunzel gasped when she saw Varian inside his house in Secret of the Sun Drop. It is also similar to the way Catalina gasped at the end of Vigor the Visionary and Rapunzel gasped when she sees the Pompoen that Owl was carrying back to Corona and also The Captain of the Guard gasped when he notices that "Little Cassandra" doesn't have a shadow in Islands Apart. Rapunzel also gasped in Mirror, Mirror before she backed away from Eugene's doppelgañger. Rapunzel also gasped in Rapunzel: Day One when she sees that Eugene, Lance and Shorty have Pascal. Also, Shorty gasped when he sees that Eugene is wearing a mask at the end of Fitzherbert P.I. also Rapunzel gasped when she found out that Monty was the one that booed her and also Rapunzel gasped when Eugene said the name of the person that booed her in Rapunzel's Enemy.
- Rapunzel will also gasp when she sees Cassandra after Zhan Tiri removed the cloak off in Once a Handmaiden...
- It's revealed Eugene's attempted theft of the crown was so he could give it to the Baron.
- Rapunzel finally realized Eugene's intention of bringing her to the Snuggly Duckling when they first met.
- The Baron mentioned Eugene and Stalyan's past relationship.
- The way Rapunzel says "tut-tut-tut" during the episode is similar to the way Eugene said "Ba ba ba ba" during the episode Islands Apart.
- This episode marks the third time Rapunzel's tiara has been stolen.
- The way Varian shows his invention to Rapunzel, Eugene, Pascal, Kiera, Catalina, Lance and Maximus in this episode is similar to the way he showed his invention to the crowd and Master Dr. St. Croix in Great Expotations.
- It is also similar to the way Varian showed Eugene the machines that will give the village people hot running water in What the Hair?!
- The way Catalina and Brock sit criss cross in this episode is similar to the way Varian sat criss cross when he and Eugene are bored and when Cassandra reeled the cage back inside the stronghold also Rapunzel and Eugene sat criss cross on the bed at the near of the end of Cassandra's Revenge and also Pascal sits criss cross when he is meditating before the race starts in The Lost Treasure of Herz Der Sonne.
- Rapunzel also sits criss cross on the bed inside a cell when Eugene, Lance and Maximus let her out of the cell in Rapunzel's Return also Adira sits criss cross on the caravan in Forest of No Return and she also sits cross at the end of Race to the Spire. Also, Rapunzel sat criss cross in Under Raps before she and Pascal spies on Cassandra sneaking out of the castle.
- The way Eugene, Rapunzel and Maximus are bringing Brock Thunderstrike back to Corona during this episode is similar to the way Cassandra is bringing the abducted Varian on the stairs of the Cassandra's Stronghold during the second half of Cassandra's Revenge.
- The way The Baron smiles when he says "In the hands of the law again. I'll bide my time" while he sees Rapunzel, Eugene and Maximus bringing Brock Thunderstrike back to Corona while watching them from the bushes during the episode is similar to the way Cassandra smiles when she attacks Rapunzel during the second half of Cassandra's Revenge.
- The way Lance is the acting Captain of the Guard when Eugene, Rapunzel, Pascal and Maximus are going after Brock Thunderstrike during this episode is similar to the way Rapunzel is the acting Queen at the end of Rapunzel's Return until the memories of her parents return.
- There are several references to the movie, Tangled.
- The way the Baron tied Eugene's hands and the fake Flynn Rider's hands to the same pole in this episode is similar to the way Cassandra tied Varian's hands to a black rock in Cassandra's Revenge.
- The way Varian facepalmed in this episode when his Rooster invention is replaced with the one that is already is a rooster by Lance is similar to the way Cassandra facepalmed in A Tale of Two Sisters is similar to the way Pascal facepalmed in Race to the Spire when he is annoyed at the Snuggly Duckling after Eugene says never mind and it is also similar to the way Kiera facepalmed when she is annoyed with Lance when he says "here he is and see", "I led us right to him" after Varian falls into Lance's arms in Cassandra's Revenge, it is similar to the way Rapunzel facepalmed in The King and Queen of Hearts when she is annoyed and it is also similar to the way Vex facepalmed in The Return of Quaid when she is annoyed and it is also similar to the way Eugene facepalmed when he is annoyed with Varian twice and also Hook Foot facepalmed when he hears Big Nose's poem in What the Hair?!
- Pascal also facepalmed in Goodbye and Goodwill, Pascal's Dragon, Day of the Animals, You're Kidding Me and Rapunzel's Enemy and also Varian facepalmed in Great Expotations and Vex facepalmed in Beyond the Corona Walls. Cassandra also facepalmed in The Brothers Hook.
- The way The Baron abducts Brock Thunderstike in this episode is similar to the way Cassandra abducted Varian in Cassandra's Revenge is similar to the way The Stabbington Brothers abducted King Edmund in Return of the King is similar to the way Mothel Gothel abducted Rapunzel during the flashback of Rapunzel's Return is similar to the way The Baron's men abducted Eugene, Lance and Shorty in Beyond the Corona Walls and is similar to the way Varian abducted Queen Arianna in Secret of the Sun Drop and it is also similar to the way The Stabbington Brothers abducted Eugene and Cassandra in Cassandra v. Eugene.
- The way Varian is warning Lance, Kiera and Catalina about touching the invention in this episode is similar to the way Quirin warned Varian about tampering with the black rocks and it is also similar to the way Varian warned Master Dr. St. Croix about tampering the invention in Great Expotations.
- Varian told Eugene to be careful with the serum that he is holding in Cassandra's Revenge and Varian will tell Eugene that he shouldn't touch the items on the table and the thrusters attached to the basket in Race to the Spire and Varian and Eugene will tell Lance that he shouldn't mess with the monkey button on the machine that Lord Demanitus built also Rapunzel will tell Varian, Kiera, Catalina and Lance to leave the button alone in Plus Est En Vous.
- The way Varian is frustrated with Lance for messing with the Rooster invention in this episode is similar the way Kiera, Catalina and Maximus are frustrated with Lance in Cassandra's Revenge when Kiera and Catalina wanted to see the fight of Rapunzel against Cassandra but Maximus wanted to go the same direction that Rapunzel, Eugene and Pascal took.
- Eugene recalled how he had previously stolen Rapunzel's tiara when the crime is re-enacted.
- When Eugene and Maximus are pursuing "Flynn Rider" it is exactly the same as the chase scene between the Captain, Maximus and Eugene in the original movie.
- The way Varian puts his hands up on both sides of his head in this episode when he is going to show his new invention to Rapunzel, Eugene, Pascal, Lance, Kiera, Catalina and Maximus is similar to the way Kiera puts her hands on both sides of her head when she is about to show Catalina to Monty and the townspeople in Be Very Afraid also Rapunzel put her hands up on both sides of her head during the first half of Cassandra's Revenge when she is at the middle of the throne room.
- The way The Baron has rope tied on his wrists in this episode is similar to the way Queen Arianna has rope tied to her wrists in Secret of the Sun Drop.
- Also the way The Baron is carried on Maximus at the near end of this episode is similar to the way Varian was carried on a horse in Cassandra's Revenge.
- The way the Captain of the Guard has a nightmare about Cassandra is similar to the way Varian has a nightmare in Be Very Afraid when he sees his dad going to be encased inside the amber again and also Varian has a nightmare in Cassandra's Revenge when he sees the Enchanted Girl and it is also similar to way Kiera has a nightmare in Who's Afraid of the Big, Bad Wolf? when she sees Rapunzel, Eugene, Lance and Catalina turned into werewolves and it is also similar to the way Rapunzel has a nightmare about Varian telling Rapunzel to stop running and face your destiny or all you hold in your heart will be in grave danger in The Quest for Varian but one part of Rapunzel's nightmare from The Quest for Varian is shown in Secret of the Sun Drop as a flashback. Also, Maximus had a nightmare in Max's Enemy.
- Varian is the eighth character to be shown to like apples. The other characters have shown to like apples are Ruddiger in What the Hair?!, Secret of the Sun Drop, Day of the Animals and Cassandra's Revenge and Maximus in Tangled, What the Hair, In Like Flynn, Max's Enemy, Secret of the Sun Drop, Vigor the Visionary, Day of the Animals and Cassandra's Revenge and Eugene in Who's Afraid of the Big, Bad Wolf? and Rapunzel in Painter's Block and Lance in Destinies Collide and Axel in Max's Enemy and also Patchy in Return of the King
- Pascal awakens "Flynn Rider" the same way he did in the movie by licking his ear.
- This is the third episode that Eugene is handcuffed after Big Brothers of Corona and The Eye of Pincosta.
- The way Brock leaves Eugene to drown inside The Baron's hideout in this episode is similar to the way Cassandra left Rapunzel at the end of A Tale of Two Sisters and it is similar to the way Stalyan left Rapunzel alone to fight Malice Marauder in The Eye of Pincosta.
- Also the way Brock Thunderstrike returned to help Eugene and Rapunzel fight against The Baron in this episode is similar to the way Stalyan returned to help Rapunzel to fight Malice Marauder in The Eye of Pincosta.
- The way Eugene and Brock are underwater in this episode is similar to the way when Rapunzel and Eugene are underwater in Tangled.
- The way the Captain of the Guard tells Cassandra to stand down and the latter tells the former to stand down in this episode is similar to the way Rapunzel told the guards to stand down in Pascal's Dragon and it is similar to the way Rapunzel wanted Varian to tell Andrew and the Saporians to stand down and Clementine told Varian to stand down in Rapunzel's Return and also the Captain of the Guards told his guards to stand down in Cassandra v. Eugene. Also, Eugene told Rapunzel to stand down in Rapunzel: Day One.
- Rapunzel will tell the guards to stand in Once a Handmaiden... when she wants to talk to Cassandra.
- Brock Thunderstrike wears the same color of the vest that Eugene wore during a flashback of eight years ago from the episode The Return of Strongbow.
- From this episode onward, Eugene begins wearing a royal guard uniform, replacing it as his main outfit for the rest of the series.
- This is the fourth and final episode that Varian didn't say someone's name after Not in the Mood, The Lost Treasure of Herz Der Sonne and Race to the Spire.
- The way Brock Thunderstrike says "got it" in this episode is similar to the way Cassandra said "got it" A Tale of Two Sisters" to Rapunzel and it is similar to the way Varian said "I got it" when he showed Eugene that he caught the ring in Cassandra's Revenge and it is also similar to the way Catalina "almost got it" when she is pushing the jewel from the setting in Day of the Animals and also Rapunzel said "I got it" in Mirror, Mirror when she thought of an idea of how to bring the doppelgañgers back inside the mirror and Rapunzel says "got it" when she takes minne off the cliff in Rapunzel: Day One. Also Cassandra said "I got it" when she is going to dive into the water to stop Shorty from drowning in Fitzherbert P.I. Also, Eugene said "I got it" "that he dropped his belonging" when Rapunzel eavesdropped in Beyond the Corona Walls and Eugene also said " Ooh, I got it. Revenge." in The Brothers Hook when Rapunzel said "We need a better strategy" Also, Rapunzel said "got it" in What the Hair?! after Varian explained that the goop is a chemical compound of his own design and Rapunzel said "Okay. Yeah. Got it" after Cassandra is annoyed in Under Raps. Also, Eugene said "Yep, oneness, Got it" in What the Hair?!
- The way Pascal puts his tongue on Flynn Rider's ear in this episode is similar to the way Pascal puts his tongue on Varian's ear in Rapunzel's Return is similar to the way Pascal puts his tongue on Stalyan's nose in Beyond the Corona Walls also similar to the way Pascal puts his tongue on Rapunzel's ear in Pascal's Story.
- Pascal will also put his tongue again in Rapunzel's ear in Plus Est En Vous.
- This is the second time Varian's hair is a mess. The first time Varian's hair is a mess was Cassandra's Revenge.
- This is the second episode that Lance is wearing a different outfit after Queen for a Day other than the time travel episode No Time Like the Past.
- The apple that Varian was holding disappeared when he and Lance walked to the roof to see a different Rooster and Varian's diagram of his invention is rolled up.
Click here to view the gallery for this article.