A new day begins as Rapunzel reflects on all her adventures and paints a mural, while a shadowed figure makes its way through the forest neighboring Corona, revealed to be Cassandra. Meanwhile, Eugene' is debating with himself on whether or not to propose to Rapunzel and decides to ask advice from Mrs. Crowley, who gets the wrong idea about him.
In the Palace's party hall, Rapunzel has gotten most of her and Eugene's friends together to plan a surprise Birthday party for him, but is having trouble keeping him from discovering the surprise, so she sends Lance Strongbow to keep Eugene distracted while she finishes the preparations. Rapunzel's parents, as well as King Edmund, assure her that everything will be okay, and she heads back to her room for her surprise birthday gift for her beloved. Once they are alone in her room, she reveals to Pascal that she plans to propose to Eugene before he blows out his birthday candles.
It is evening by the time Eugene and Lance return to the castle, and Pascal informs Lance to keep Eugene stalled for a few more moments, and then gives him the all-clear two seconds later. Once Lance pushes Eugene through the door, Eugene is overwhelmed with Rapunzel and their friends surprising him with the planned party. He is indeed surprised, especially when the cake is brought out, and everyone reveals that he is twenty-six years old when he himself thought he was twenty-five. Just as Eugene is about to blow out his candles, Cassandra enters the room, crashing the party. Rapunzel hopes to make amends with her former best friend, but Cassandra has other things on her mind: She came for the Graphtic Scroll, but Eugene tells Rapunzel not to hand it over to Cassandra, who mocks her former friend over her ability to make decisions. She leaves after telling Rapunzel that she'll give her time to decide on whether or not to give up the scroll.
Inside Rapunzel's room, Rapunzel, Eugene, and the gang convene on how to handle the situation. Eugene suggests hiding the scroll, but there's a problem. Rapunzel doesn't have the scroll; Varian has it, so they head to the Demanitus Chamber, where he has moved his laboratory. Varian reveals that, in addition to the Healing and Decay Incantations, there is a third incantation, one that can allow whoever holds The Moonstone Opal to control the Black Rocks, and there is also a fourth incantation, but he has not found it anywhere on the scroll, just as Cassandra enters the laboratory.
Rapunzel orders Varian to hide the scroll so Cassandra cannot get her hands on it, but he reveals that the Translation Key is needed to even read the scroll. Eugene tries to cover Rapunzel and Varian, but in attacking Cassandra, he realizes that her armor is made of the near-indestructible Black Rocks, and is knocked back down the stairs. Cassandra cuts off one of the giant orbs that decorates the Demanitus Chamber, resulting in Maximus and Eugene dangling off a ledge and Lance attempting to pull them back up.
Cassandra battles with Rapunzel, who tries to talk some sense into her, and Cassandra reminds Rapunzel again of what she saw in the House of Yesterday's Tomorrow. Rapunzel tries to remind Cassandra that Gothel kidnapped her and held her against her will, while Cassandra reminds Rapunzel of how Gothel was pushed out of a window to her death. Rapunzel tries to explain what actually happened, just as Ruddiger suddenly attacks Cassandra and escapes with the scroll. Cassandra chases after him but is tripped up by Rapunzel's hair, while Pascal reaches the scroll first and escapes with Ruddiger. After a few moments, Rapunzel snags the scroll away from Cassandra and tries to reason with her former friend once more, and her words seem to reach Cassandra, until the Enchanted Girl reveals herself and tells her not to doubt the path she has now gone down. The odd thing is, only Cassandra can see or hear the Enchanted Girl. When Rapunzel says she won't fight Cassandra, Cassandra cements the fact that she is now Rapunzel's enemy by bringing down the Demanitus Device with her Shadow Blade, causing a chain reaction that destroys the entire chamber.
Rapunzel is barely able to hold the downed apparatus away from Maximus, Lance, and Eugene to prevent it from crushing them, but as she is focused on helping them, Cassandra steals the scroll with ease and goes after Varian, who destroys the translation key to prevent her from deciphering the scroll's contents. Unfortunately, she ends up kidnapping him when he explains that he has memorized the incantations and the Translation Key, while our heroes narrowly escape with their lives.
Cassandra returns to the forest with Varian as a captive, and the Enchanted Girl, watching from up close, reminds her that defeat is not an option, now that they have the scroll. She also informs Cassandra that Rapunzel will come for Cassandra herself must be prepared when Rapunzel comes, which gives Cassandra the idea of building a stronghold, and she also has the idea of where that stronghold should be: the former location of Rapunzel's Tower.
Once Cassandra arrives at that location, she binds Varian to one of the Black Rocks, and as he stirs himself awake, she demands of him the third incantation on the Graphtic Scroll, but he refuses, and she reveals that she found his truth serum and forced him to drink it (since he sleeps with his mouth open). Now under the effects of his own serum, he reveals the incantation to control the Black Rocks, which Cassandra uses to build her own tower and stronghold.
In Rapunzel's bedroom, Rapunzel reconvenes with her friends to find out what Cassandra plans to do with Varian and the stolen scroll, but the others are not as optimistic as she is, as Cassandra broke their spirits very much. Rapunzel convinces them to help her go after Cassandra, as she was once their friend, but Eugene notes that they don't know where Cassandra is, until Maximus reveals the tower outside in the forest near Corona.
Cassandra brings Varian up a flight of stairs as the Enchanted Girl reminds her that Rapunzel will come for him, and that is when they will face off against each other, with Cassandra using the full power of the Moonstone against her former friend, while Varian wonders who Cassandra is talking to. Once they get to the throne room, Varian tries to talk Cassandra out of her quest for revenge against Rapunzel, as he has been where she is now, but she refuses to be swayed by his words, as she states that they are not the same, and she has nothing left to lose. With that, she imprisons Varian in a cage and sends him to hang helplessly while she prepares for her imminent battle with Rapunzel.
Meanwhile, Rapunzel and her friends have finally reached Cassandra's Dark Tower and are searching for a way in, but every attempt they make ends in failure, and Cassandra finds it amusing, until the Enchanted Girl orders her to let Rapunzel in so they can finish their fight. Reluctantly, Cassandra agrees and opens a path for Rapunzel to follow into the tower. Once inside, Rapunzel and the gang decide to split up to find out which path is the correct to take. She and Eugene take one path, while Lance, Kiera, Catalina, and Maximus take another path.
Back at the top of the Tower, Varian is revealed to have awakened in a Dream World, where he encounters the Enchanted Girl, who explains that, to save Cassandra, the final incantation must be used by the vessel of the Sundrop Flower, and against the power of the Moonstone Opal. Varian protests that there is no final incantation, but the Enchanted Girl states that he just needs to know how to look, saying he must use the sun to see the Sun. Upon falling off the ledge to avoid a fire, he awakens back in his cage in which Cassandra trapped him, and unrolls the Graphtic Scroll, pondering the meaning of "Use the sun to see the Sun".
Meanwhile, Rapunzel, Eugene, and Pascal make their way through the tower, with Rapunzel thinking that they could be walking into a trap. Pascal has an idea of being able to get in without being seen, while Lance and the others seem to be getting lost at every turn they take. He finds his way into Cassandra's throne room, just as she reveals herself, causing him to turn invisible. However, she finds the chameleon anyway and scoops him up off the floor.
As Rapunzel is waiting for Pascal's all-clear, she decides to follow him, before Eugene cautions her that there may be no way to reach Cassandra, and she may have to kill her. Rapunzel insists that she's not dealing with a monster and that Cassandra will come around, and heads upstairs to find Pascal.
Back in his cage, Varian becomes frustrated over the Enchanted Girl's riddle and tosses away the scroll and his goggles, which suddenly catch the sun's reflective glow and shine it at the scroll. On that, he realizes what the riddle meant, that the final incantation needs sunlight to completely read it, just as Rapunzel and Eugene enter Cassandra's throne room, where they find Varian in his cage. He reveals that he needs a concentrated beam of sunlight to see the final incantation clearly, but his goggles are too scratched up. Rapunzel has an idea of using the crystal in her engagement ring as a focusing lens, and has Eugene deliver it to him, just as the Tower starts rumbling and Cassandra reveals herself, having caged Pascal. She lets him go, and he runs back to Rapunzel's shoulder.
Cassandra informs Rapunzel that she made a mistake coming to her stronghold, and Rapunzel states that she will not leave until she resolves her differences with her former friend. In response, Cassandra closes up all the openings in the tower, trapping the twosome inside. Cassandra explains that the entire tower is made up of the Black Rocks, and she has complete control over them. As the Enchanted Girl orders Cassandra to show Rapunzel how powerful she has become, Rapunzel states that she will not fight Cassandra, and Cassandra remarks that killing her will be very easy. She tries to crush Rapunzel with a monumental Black Rock, but Rapunzel is able to protect herself by shielding herself with her hair. Then Cassandra crumbles that same rock under Rapunzel's feet, but the Princess is able to save herself from falling by using her hair to hang from the ledge, while Eugene is barely able to deliver Rapunzel's ring to Varian, who uses it to read the final incantation on the Graphtic Scroll. Unfortunately, the sunlight from the crystal on the ring is too focused, and it ends up destroying the scroll, but not before Varian is able to write the translation of the incantation on another piece of parchment.
Rapunzel manages to climb back into the Tower, where Cassandra attacks with more Black Rocks and ultimately pins her opponent to the wall, despite the Princess' attempts to convince her to come back and her declaration that she will not fight her or justify her hatred. On this, Cassandra wills Varian's cage back into the tower, as she knows that Eugene is out there with him. She threatens to crush Eugene in a prison of Black Rocks if Rapunzel does not fight, but Varian reveals that he has the final incantation, and Rapunzel must be the one to use it, while Cassandra is wondering what he's talking about. As the Enchanted Girl orders Cassandra to finish the fight, Pascal snags Varian's new parchment with his tongue, and Rapunzel chants the final incantation, which causes her hair to glow and gives her the power to fight Cassandra on equal terms.
As Cassandra tries to impale Rapunzel with more Black Rocks, Rapunzel fights back by disintegrating them. No matter how many times Cassandra unleashes the Black Rocks against Rapunzel, it's useless now against the Sundrop's full power. As the twosome battle, a portal opens above the Enchanted Girl, and she disappears inside, just as both Varian and Cassandra are blasted out of the tower, with the Moonstone chipped at one spot.
Varian is caught by Lance, who happened to be at the right spot to catch him, and is reunited with him, Maximus, Kiera, and Catalina, while Cassandra catches herself on a platform of Black Rocks. Rapunzel collapses from the expenditure of magic she used in the battle, but is able to get back onto her feet and share a hug with Eugene, who compliments her on such an amazing demonstration of her heavenly Sundrop powers.
Back at Corona Castle, Rapunzel and Eugene decide to postpone their engagement once again after such an incredible adventure, and he finally blows out the candles on his birthday cake, which Lance, Kiera, Catalina, Maximus, and Varian bring into the room, while at the destroyed Black-Rock Tower.
Cassandra is revealed to have climbed back into the remains of her throne room, and she gets the shock of her life when she sees that the Enchanted Girl now has a physical form and is reveling in the fact that the clash of Sun and Moon has finally released her from her prison, and,"It's good to be back."
- Zhan Tiri
- Princess Rapunzel
- Eugene Fitzherbert
- Lance Strongbow
- Kiera and Catalina
- Old Lady Crowley (cameo)
- King Frederic (cameo)
- King Edmund
- Hamuel (cameo)
- Queen Arianna
- Xavier (cameos)
- Pete and Stan (cameo)
- Feldspar (cameo)
- Big Nose (cameo)
- Shorty (cameo)
- Attila (cameo)
- Friedborg (cameo)
- Ulf (cameos)
- Vladimir (cameo)
- Nigel (cameo)
- Fidella (cameo)
- Ruddiger (cameo)
- Healing Incantation (mentioned)
- Decaying Incantation (mentioned)
- Black-Rock Incantation (first cast)
- Hope Incantation (first cast)
- Corona Castle
- The Throne Room
- Demanitus Chamber
- Cassandra's Stronghold (first appearance)
- Zhan Tiri's Prison
Objects of Vast Heavenly Power
- Magic Blonde Hair
- Moonstone Opal
- Black Rock Spikes
- Shadow Blade
- Sundrop Flower (pictured on the scroll)
- Cassandra's Armor
- The Ultimate Power (referenced by Eugene)
- Moonstone Fragment (first appearance)
- Zhan Tiri: "So this is your plan, running away?"
- Cassandra: "I don't run from-"
- Zhan Tiri: "One would think that now you have the power of the black rocks, you wouldn't feel the need to hide."
- Cassandra: "I don't hide from anything!!"
- Zhan Tiri: "I don't need to remind you that defeat is not an option. And when Rapunzel comes for you, you must be prepared to protect what is rightfully yours. What you need is..."
- Cassandra: "A stronghold. And I know just where to build one."
- Cassandra: "Lucky for me, you sleep with your mouth open. So let me ask you again: What's the third incantation?"
- Varian (reluctantly):
Crescent high above
Evolving as you go
Raise what lies beneath
Let the darkness grow
- Cassandra (recites the entire 2nd Moonstone spell):
Crescent high above
Evolving as you go
Raise what lies beneath
And let the darkness grow
Bend it to my will
Consume the sunlight's glow
Rise into the sky
And let the darkness grow
- Varian: "What...is that?"
- Cassandra: Home sweet home."
- Princess Rapunzel (pleading): "Cass, please!! This is not who you are!!"
- Cassandra: "Wrong!! I finally know who I am!!!"
- Princess Rapunzel: "I will never stop trying to get through to you!! I won't fight you, I won't justify your hated, and there is nothing you can do to change that!! Nothing!!"
- Cassandra: "Oh, there isn't!!? Cuz' I kinda think there is!!"
- Cassandra: "You won't fight me, but will you fight...for him?"
- Princess Rapunzel: "Cass, leave him alone!!!"
- Zhan Tiri (to Cassandra): "Break her spirit!!"
- Cassandra: "I just realized I forgot to give you my birthday present, Eugene."
- Eugene: "Don't give in to her!! Don't do anything she says!!!"
- Varian: "Rapunzel, I have the final incantation! You have to use it!!"
- Cassandra: "Final incantation? What is he talking about!!?"
- Zhan Tiri: "Never mind that! You are more powerful! Finish this!!"
Crescent high above
Evolving as you go
- Varian: "Rapunzel! Use it."
- Princess Rapunzel (recites the 2nd Sundrop Flower spell)
Power of the sun
Gift me with your light
Shine into the dark
Restore our fading sight
Rise into the dawn
Blazing star so bright
- Cassandra: "Impossible!!"
Burn away the strife
Let my hope ignite
Let hope ignite
- Princess Rapunzel: "Let him go, Cassandra!!"
- Cassandra (indignant): "I don't follow your orders anymore!!"
- Princess Rapunzel: "I said...LET HIM GO!!! LET...HIM...GO!!!"
- Cassandra (groans): "Ugh."
- Zhan Tiri: "Finally. The clash of sun and moon has released me from prison. It's good to be back."
- It is revealed that no one else besides Cassandra can see or hear the Enchanted Girl.
- Varian was only able to see and hear her when she entered his dreams.
- The way Cassandra says boys to Varian and Eugene after she dragged the cage back into the stronghold when Rapunzel refused to fight in this episode is similar to the way Cassandra said boys to the guards when she and Eugene need to enter the vault to stop Varian from taking the Sun Drop in The Alchemist Returns.
- The way Varian and Cassandra fall off from the stronghold in this episode is similar to the way Sideburns and Patchy fell off the cliff in Return of the King.
- The way Cassandra looks up angrily after she is defeated by Rapunzel in this episode is similar to the way Sideburns and Patchy looked up angrily after they were defeated by Eugene and his dad in Return of the King.
- The way Varian is shocked to see Cassandra on the black rocks during Nothing Left to Lose is similar to the way Rapunzel was shocked to see Captain of the Guard was going to fly away with the fake four year old Cassandra that he wished for in Islands Apart.
- The face that Eugene made when he is mad at Cassandra for showing up at his birthday party uninvited in this episode is similar to the face Varian made when he is mad at Queen Arianna in Secret of the Sun Drop.
- The way Varian tells Rapunzel to use the fourth incantation to defeat Cassandra in this episode is similar to way Eugene told Cassandra and the others to use the black rocks to defeat Varian's automatons in the Season One Finale.
- This is fifth episode Varian's clumsiness is shown when he falls when he is having a nightmare. The fourth episode that have shown Varian's clumsiness is Be Very Afraid when he had to to be rescued by Rapunzel twice. The third episode that Varian's clumsiness is shown in The Alchemist Returns when he fell The second episode that Varian's clumsiness is shown in Queen for a Day when he fell from the table and the first episode that Varian's clumsiness is shown in What the Hair when he sees blood on his glove.
- The way Rapunzel tells Varian that he is a genius for translating the scroll in this episode is similar to the way Rapunzel told Feldspar that he is a genius when he has an idea to lift Rapunzel to the altar to go past the mummies in The Lost Treasure of Herz Der Sonne.
- The way Cassandra whistles in this episode is similar to the way Varian whistled in Day of the Animals and it is also similar to way Eugene whistled In Like Flynn.
- It is also similar to the way Lance whistled at the beginning of Mirror, Mirror and it is also similar to the way he whistled alongside Eugene, Cassandra and Rapunzel at the end of the same episode.
- The way Varian's hair is messy after the blast in this episode is similar to the way Rapunzel's hair was a mess when she polished the weapons inside the cabinet In Like Flynn.
- The way Cassandra backs Varian to the wall before abducting him is similar to the way Varian appeared behind Queen Arianna when he easily infiltrated the castle before abducting her in Secret of the Sun Drop.
- The way Rapunzel and her friends are distracted with the boulder that Cassandra sliced off from the Demanitus Device while she steals the scroll with ease and goes after Varian in this episode is similar to the way Rapunzel and her friends and her dad are distracted with a giant Ruddiger that Varian unleashed while he went after Queen Arianna in Secret of the Sun Drop.
- The way Varian complies by telling Cassandra the third incantation in this episode is similar to the way Princess Rapunzel complied to help Varian release his father from the amber.
- The way Pascal tied his tongue around a black rock during the blast in this episode is similar to the way Pascal holds on to a rock before Eugene grabs him at the end of Destinies Collides.
- The way Cassandra drugged Varian with his truth serum after she abducted him in this episode is similar to the Varian put Queen Arianna to sleep with his sleeping potion when he easily infiltrated the castle.
- The way Cassandra sliced off one of the balls that holds the Demanitus Device to be destroyed in this episode is similar to the way Varian crushed the Sun Drop flower at the end of The Alchemist Returns.
- The way Varian tells Eugene to hurry before the sun is setting because the former needs the ring to reveal the hidden incantation is similar to the way Eugene tells Pascal to hurry to untie Rapunzel's hair because her hair isn't untied from the Demanitus Device that Cassandra destroyed in this episode and it is similar to the way Rapunzel told Pascal to wedge the bone to the axle in The Alchemist Returns.
- The way Cassandra says Hey, Varian in this episode is similar to the way she said Oh, hey Varian at the beginning of Great Expotations.
- The way Ruddiger makes hot cocoa and giving it to Varian in this episode is similar to the way Pascal mixes a beverage and giving it to Feldspar in Queen for a Day.
- When Eugene, Lance and Maximus are being chased by a large boulder is a reference to Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark.
- The way Varian sees the fight while hiding behind the table at the Demanitus Chamber in this episode is similar to the way Pascal hides while he sees the doppelgangers of Eugene, Cassandra, Lance and Shorty push Rapunzel into the mirror in Mirror, Mirror.
- The way Rapunzel is quoting the song The Girl Who has Everything at the end of this episode is similar to the way Varian quoted the song Let Me Make You Proud at the end of Secret of the Sun Drop.
- The way Cassandra tells Ruddiger to get off her in this episode is similar to the way Varian told Pascal to get off him and it is also similar to the way Maximus is on Eugene in Rapunzel's Return.
- The way Rapunzel knows that Cassandra is dangerous in this episode is similar to the way King Frederic knew that Varian is dangerous in Secret of the Sun Drop and it is also similar to the way Nigel knew that Varian is dangerous in The Quest for Varian.
- The way Old Lady Crowley briefly sings The Girl Who Has Everything in this episode is similar to the way Shorty briefly sang The Wind in My Hair in The Secret of the Sundrop.
- The way Rapunzel is using her hair as a whip to pull Varian out of the way of the boulder in this episode is is similar to the way Rapunzel puts her hair around Varian's waist while he poured his solution on a red rock Be Very Afraid and it is also similar to the way Rapunzel used her hair as a whip to take Varian off the ship in Rapunzel's Return.
- Varian is the second person who tries to reason with Cassandra by singing Nothing Left to Lose in this episode about the latter's villainous path is similar to the way Rapunzel who had tried to reason with Cassandra by singing Crossing the Line in Rapunzel's Return about the latter's villainous path.
- The way Rapunzel tells Eugene that Cassandra isn't a monster in this episode is similar to the way Kiera told Catalina that she isn't a monster in Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?
- The way Rapunzel puts her hand out in front of Varian to prevent him from giving to the scroll to Cassandra is similar to the way King Frederic puts his hand in front of Rapunzel to prevent her from using her hair to free Quirin with the assistance of Varian's drill.
- The way Varian puts his hands on Rapunzel in this episode is similar way Rapunzel puts her hands on Varian in Rapunzel's Return when she is trusting Varian to snap her out of the Decay Incantation and it is similar to the way Rapunzel puts her hands on Varian for tackling his fear in Be Very Afraid.
- It also is the second time Varian had a nightmare. The first was "Be Very Afraid".
- There are a several sequences that reference scenes from the "Secret of the Sun Drop".
- The main antagonist is Cassandra, someone who betrayed Rapunzel, like Varian.
- It's Eugene's twenty-sixth birthday, just like it was Rapunzel's nineteenth birthday.
- Rapunzel wants Lance to distract Eugene from finding out about his birthday party is similar to the way Lance distracted Pete and Stan with faux birthday presents to keep them occupied from finding out about Rapunzel's escape plan.
- The way Pascal peeks outside the throne room's door to see if Lance is keeping Eugene occupied in this episode is similar to the way Rapunzel peeks outside from her bedroom door to see if Pete and Stan are occupied.
- The way Rapunzel realizes that she, Eugene and Pascal could be walking into a trap in this episode is similar to the way Rapunzel, Pascal and King Frederic walked into Varian's trap in Secret of the Sun Drop
- The way Rapunzel, Eugene and Pascal split up from Lance, Kiera, Catalina and Maximus after they entered the stronghold in this episode similar to the way Eugene and Maximus split up during the fight against the automations in Secret of the Sun Drop.
- It is also similar to the way Rapunzel, Pascal and King Frederic took a different path from Eugene, Cassandra and the kingdom army..
- The way Rapunzel runs away from the black rocks that Cassandra attacks her with is similar to the way Eugene ran away from an automaton after being chased by it in Secret of the Sun Drop.
- The way Pascal has an idea how to go to the top of the stronghold in this episode is similar to the way Eugene told everyone to skewer the automatons to the black rocks in Secret of the Sun Drop.
- The way Rapunzel, Pascal, Eugene, Lance, Kiera, Catalina and Maximus are going to rescue Varian at the stronghold after he is captured by Cassandra is this episode is similar to the way Rapunzel, Pascal and King Frederic are going to rescue Queen Arianna at Old Corona after she was captured by Varian in Secret of the Sun Drop.
- The way Eugene, Kiera, Catalina and Lance aren't optimistic after Cassandra has broken their spirits is similar to the way Rapunzel wasn't optimistic in Secret of the Sun Drop about the recent events that happened.
- Varian is kidnapped by Cassandra, like he kidnapped Queen Arianna.
- The way Cassandra must know that Rapunzel and Eugene are at her throne room after Eugene and Rapunzel found Varian inside a cage in this episode is similar to the way Varian knew that Rapunzel, Pascal and King Frederic entered his house in Secret of the Sun Drop.
- The way Eugene, Rapunzel and Pascal found Varian outside while he is imprisoned inside a cage in this episode is similar to the way Rapunzel, Pascal and King Frederic found Queen Arianna after Varian revealed her from behind the curtains when her ankle is tied to a chain in Secret of the Sun Drop.
- The way of every attempt of Rapunzel and her friends trying to reach the stronghold by ends in failure in this episode is similar to the way every attempt of Varian trying to free is dad from the amber with the help of his drill and Rapunzel's hair ends in failure in Secret of the Sun Drop.
- The way Cassandra sings the final lyric of Nothing Left to Lose while she walks up the stairs to sit on her throne in this episode is similar to the way Varian sang the final lyric of Ready As I'll Be in Secret of the Sun Drop when he prepares to send his automatons to fight against Eugene, Cassandra and the kingdom army.
- Also the songs Ready As I'll Be, Nothing Left to Lose and Crossing the Line have a lyric that's fine.
- The way Varian asks what is that when he sees Cassandra's Stronghold being made from the black rock is similar to the way Hook Foot asked what is that when the giant Ruddiger is attacking the guards and the Captain of the Guard in Secret of the Sun Drop.
- The way Rapunzel mentions in this episode that she doesn't wear shoes is similar to the way Eugene mentioned in Secret of the Sundrop that Rapunzel didn't wear shoes.
- The way Eugene, Maximus, Kiera, Catalina and Lance go with Rapunzel and Pascal to rescue Varian in this episode is similar to the way King Frederic went with Rapunzel and Pascal to rescue Queen Arianna from Varian.
- The way Rapunzel orchestrates a plan to go after Cassandra in this episode is similar to the way King Frederic orchestrated a plan to stop Varian in Secret of the Sun Drop.
- The way Cassandra is using the abducted Varian as bait to lure Rapunzel to her in this episode is similar to the way Varian used the abducted Queen Arianna as bait to lure Rapunzel to him in Secret of the Sun Drop.
- It is also similar to the way The Stabbington Brothers used Hamuel to lure Eugene to them after they abducted King Edmund in Return of the King.
- The way Eugene, Rapunzel and Pascal split up from Lance, Kiera, Catalina and Maximus after they entered Cassandra's Stronghold to rescue Varian from Cassandra in this episode is similar to the way Rapunzel, Pascal and King Frederic took a different way from Eugene, Maximus, Cassandra, Fidella and the kingdom's army to keep Varian busy in Secret of the Sun Drop while Rapunzel, Pascal and King Frederic entered Varian's lab to rescue Queen Arianna from Varian.
- The way Cassandra removes the makeshift handcuffs from Varian's hands when she makes him to be her prisoner before she imprisons him inside a makeshift black rock cage in this episode is similar to the way Varian removed the rope from Queen Arianna's hands off screen when he made her to be his prisoner before putting a chain on her ankle in Secret of the Sun Drop.
- The way Rapunzel tells Cassandra twice to let Eugene go twice in this episode is similar to way Rapunzel told Varian twice to let her mom go in Secret of the Sun Drop.
- It is also similar to the way Queen Arianna told Varian to let Cassandra go.
- The way Cassandra angrily ignores Rapunzel's orders of letting Eugene go during the fight at the stronghold in this episode is similar to the way Varian angrily ignored King Frederic's orders of releasing him and Rapunzel from the goop in Secret of the Sun Drop.
- Eugene tries to fight Cassandra with his sword, like how Cassandra tried to fight Varian with her sword.
- Cassandra traps Pascal inside a cage, like how Varian trapped him inside a cage.
- Cassandra frees Pascal from the cage, like how Ruddiger freed Pascal from the cage.
- Cassandra fights Rapunzel, like Varian.
- Eugene and Varian are worried about each other after Rapunzel defeated Cassandra, like how Queen Arianna and King Frederic were worried about Rapunzel after she defeated Varian.
- Cassandra wants Varian to tell her the incantation, like how Varian wanted Rapunzel to help him free his father from the amber.
- The way Eugene, Kiera, Catalina and Lance have their spirits down in this episode similar to the way Rapunzel had her spirit down in Secret of the Sun Drop.
- The way Rapunzel, Eugene and Lance are catapulted two times to try to enter Cassandra's Stronghold in this episode is similar to the way Eugene and Hook Foot were catapulted in Secret of the Sun Drop to take Rapunzel out of her confinement.
- Cassandra puts makeshift handcuffs on Varian, who tied Queen Arianna's hands via rope.
- Cassandra watches Rapunzel and her friends trying to enter the stronghold. Varian watched the Corona army going to his house.
- Rapunzel unleashed her Sundrop's full power with the black rocks to defeat Cassandra like she did to defeat Varian.
- The way Rapunzel tells Cassandra to let Eugene go after she binds him with her black rocks to squeeze him in this episode is similar to the way Queen Arianna told Varian to let Cassandra go after he grabbed her with his giant robot's hand when he squeezed her in Secret of the Sun Drop.
- The way Cassandra crashes Eugene's birthday party is like how an Automaton was in the castle.
- When Rapunzel passed out after Cassandra is defeated, she did so after Varian was too.
- The way Cassandra squeezes Eugene tighter and tighter with the black rock bind during the second half of this episode is similar to the way Varian squeezes Cassandra and Queen Arianna tighter and tighter with the giant robot during the second half of the episode Secret of the Sun Drop.
- The way Rapunzel destroys the black rocks that Cassandra attacks her with is similar to the Eugene told everyone to stop the automatons from attacking by skewering them on the black rocks.
- Cassandra laughed evilly when she watched Rapunzel and her friends trying to enter the stronghold is similar to the way Varian laughed evilly when he welcomed back Rapunzel to his house.
- The way Cassandra says Welcome back, boys to Varian and Eugene after she reeled them into the Stronghold is similar to way Varian said Welcome back, Rapunzel when she and her dad are trapped with goop in Secret of the Sun Drop.
- The way Cassandra drugged Varian by pouring his truth serum into his mouth when he sleeps with his mouth open is similar to the way Varian gave Queen Arianna a sleeping potion in Secret of the Sun Drop when he easily infiltrated the castle
- The way Eugene is surprised to see everyone celebrating his birthday party in this episode is similar to the way Rapunzel was surprised to see a lot of presents that the people gave her in Secret of the Sun Drop.
- Varian was freed from the cage and Eugene was freed from the bind during the blast is similar to the way Queen Arianna freed herself with King Frederic's sword before she is encased inside the amber.
- Eugene runs to Rapunzel after Cassandra is defeated is similar to the way Eugene ran to Rapunzel after Varian is defeated.
- The way Cassandra announces her presence at the doorway of the castle's throne room in this episode is similar to the way Varian announced his presence at Corona in Secret of the Sun Drop.
- Varian tries to reason with Cassandra after being captured by her but she ignored his pleas to stop becoming a villain, is similar to the way Queen Arianna tries to reason with Varian after she was captured by him but he ignored her pleas to stop becoming a villain.
- The way Rapunzel tells Eugene, Kiera, Catalina, Lance and Maximus when Rapunzel herself isn't sure what Cassandra planning to do with Varian and the scroll in this episode is similar to the way Rapunzel told Eugene, Lance, Vladimir, Shorty, Big Nose, Hook Foot, Attila and Maximus when she isn't sure what Varian is planning in Secret of the Sun Drop.
- The way Cassandra taunts Rapunzel for her love of Eugene in this episode he is trapped inside a black rock bind is similar to the way Varian taunted Cassandra in Secret of the Sundrop when she is trapped inside a giant robot's hand.
- Varian is the third person that tried to reason with Cassandra after Rapunzel in Rapunzel's Return and the Captain of the Guard in Islands Apart.
- We see Rapunzel unleashing her Sundrop's full power.
- The way Cassandra kicks Eugene away from her in this episode is similar to the way Andrew kicked Lance away from him in Rapunzel's Return and it is also similar to the way Eugene kicked one of the Baron's men away from him in Beyond the Corona Walls.
- The way Cassandra told Varian that it's not your fault in this episode after Cassandra removes the makeshift handcuffs from Varian's hands is similar to the way Varian said it's not my fault and he blamed it on Rapunzel by saying it's her fault in Secret of the Sun Drop after failed to free his father but Varian said it's my fault in Rapunzel's Return after he said Ha! Not bad for an alchemist, eh?
- This is the fourth time the closing theme More of Me is not featured, the previous being Secret of the Sun Drop and Rapunzel and the Great Tree.
- The way Varian is falling while he has a nightmare in this episode before waking up and realized he has a dream is similar to the way Kiera is falling while she has a nightmare in Who's Afraid of the Big, Bad Wolf? before waking up and realized that she has a dream.
- The way Varian tells Eugene to hurry because the sun is about to set is similar to the way Rapunzel told Varian to hurry before she is completely frozen by the red rocks in Be Very Afraid.
- The way Pascal blows a raspberry at Cassandra after taking the scroll from her is similar to the way Ruddiger blows a raspberry at a mother bird while Hamuel flies upside down in Day of the Animals is similar the way Red blows a raspberry at the Baron's men before putting bags on their heads in Big Brothers of Corona.
- The way Varian and Rapunzel smile when they see Ruddiger runs with the scroll to keep it away from Cassandra is similar to the way Rapunzel smiles when she sees Kiera and Stan attacking a mummy at the crypt in this episode is similar to the way Rapunzel smiled when she saw Varian betraying Andrew, Clementine, Kai, Juniper and Maisie and it is also similar to the way Rapunzel smiled when she saw that it was Varian who tossed an alchemy ball at Andrew's sword in Rapunzel's Return.
- Varian is revealed to still have the truth serum when Cassandra poured into his mouth while he was sleeping after she abducted him because she wants him to tell her the third incantation and he is the one that memorized the scroll.
- The way Rapunzel protects Varian from Cassandra in this episode is similar to the way Pascal protected Varian from a mummy at the crypt in The Lost Treasure of Herz Der Sonne
- Zhan Tiri said "A friend or at least I'd like to be." when she introduced herself to Varian after he asked her "Who are you?" and she said the same quotes to Cassandra at the House of Yesterday's Tomorrow after Cassandra asked her "Who are you?"
- The way Eugene drags Lance by the collar is similar to the way Eugene dragged Varian by the collar in What the Hair?!
- The way Varian has his tongue out while Rapunzel's ring is revealing the fourth incantation in this episode is similar to the way Kiera has her tongue out before she turns around when Varian is saying Great idea, Princess! Nothing like a little alchemical pizazz to get their attention in Day of the Animals.
- This is the first episode Varian called Eugene by his name unlike What the Hair?! where Varian called Eugene by the Flynn Rider alias when Varian meets Eugene for the first time.
- Zhan Tiri made a reference to this episode that Cassandra lost before she even began because of her ego, the same as her mother did in the series finale, Plus Est En Vous.
- When Shorty pops out of the birthday cake for Eugene, he has frosting on his face, but Shorty does not have frosting on his face when he is at the Snuggly Duckling alongside Ulf and Attila, but at the end of the episode when Lance, Varian, Kiera, Catalina and Maximus bring the birthday cake to Eugene inside Rapunzel's room, Shorty has frosting on his face again.
- When Princess Rapunzel protects Varian from Cassandra, the Scroll is back on the wall though Varian is holding the scroll but when Ruddiger takes the scroll from Varian to keep it away from Cassandra, the scroll is on the wall again. The scroll is also on the wall when Pascal is on Princess Rapunzel's hair.
- After Varian and Eugene are brought back into the stronghold by Cassandra, Eugene is holding two of Varian's hands but when Varian and Eugene were outside of the stronghold when Cassandra is going to drag them back inside the stronghold, Eugene only holds one of Varian's hands.
- After Rapunzel's bag fell into the forest, it was not shown for the remainder of the episode.
- Varian's bag wasn't shown when he was inside the Demanitus Chamber but when Cassandra abducted Varian, she is shown to be carrying his bag.
- After Varian's bag was blown away by the powerful blast of solar and lunar energies, it was not also shown at the end of the episode.