Adira is a supporting character in Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure. A fierce, yet mysterious warrior, she serves as Rapunzel's guide to the source of the ominous black rocks that have plagued parts of the entire world with their powerful shadows.
A quarter of a century ago, long before the show began, Adira was a servant of King Edmund and resided in a kingdom corrupted by a powerful opal. When the stone's power made their home unbearable, Adira and her associate Quirin were ordered to leave the kingdom and to stop anyone from finding the stone's location.
In the following years, Adira dedicated her life to studying the mysterious black rocks connected to the opal that destroyed her kingdom. Her travels would lead her to Corona, where she discovered that the rocks - for unknown reasons - had been searching for Rapunzel. Having learned the same, Rapunzel left her kingdom to uncover the truth behind the rocks, prompting Adira to reveal herself so as to steer the possessor of the ancient Sundrop Flower's new form on a safe path to the Dark Kingdom, where she came from.
Adira makes her first appearance in a brief scene at the end of "Secret of the Sun Drop." After the fall of Varian through the power of the black rocks — activated by Rapunzel - Adira looks over the damage of Old Corona before using her sword to slice through one of the rocks with ease.
As seen in "Beyond the Corona Walls," Adira had followed Rapunzel and her allies while lurking in the shadows. She does not reveal herself until a few days into their journey, meeting the princess and her bodyguard, Cassandra, when she does. Adira asks for a moment to speak with Rapunzel alone, but Cassandra is less welcoming to the idea. Though she has no intention of fighting, Adira fiercely throws Cassandra off her feet after being touched by the latter. Furious, both Cassandra and Rapunzel attempt to strike Adira down, but the latter dodges each of their attacks with ease. Eventually, Rapunzel grabs hold of Adira's wrist with her hair, prompting an infuriated Adira to try to cut it with her blade. As Rapunzel's hair is impenetrable, however, nothing happens — shocking Adira. Before things can continue, Hook Foot appears with urgent news for Rapunzel, so Adira takes her leave.
Though not on screen, Adira continues to watch over Rapunzel. When the princess finds herself in battle with a notorious kingpin and his thugs over her boyfriend, Eugene, she tries to unleash the rocks' power by touching it, though nothing occurs when she does. Adira explains that the rocks no longer react because they have already found what they were looking for. This forces Rapunzel and her friends to battle the Baron themselves. Adira jumps into the fight, as well, but silently leaves the moment it is over.
The next day, she approaches an alone Rapunzel and explains her mission. After informing the princess that the rocks are leading to the Dark Kingdom, Eugene assures that they will make it. Satisfied, Adira takes her leave again, but continues to watch on from a distance while exhibiting a smile.
She returns in "Forest of No Return," where she serves as a guide to Rapunzel's gang through a dangerous forest she dubbed as "the deadly forest of no return." According to her, only a few had gotten out of the forest alive and she's one of them. She is also revealed to have bronchitis. Her excellent survival skills however, made Eugene jealous and causes him to attempt to compete with her until the two talked it out when they got separated from the others. When everyone finally got out of the forest, Adira makes her leave again but apparently still watches them from a distance.
In "Keeper of the Spire," she tells Rapunzel to find the third piece of the scroll in the spire after the princess asked how she's supposed to find her destiny. She did not go with them but presumably watches Rapunzel and her friends as they follow Calliope, the Keeper's apprentice, to the spire. Her next on-screen appearance shows her listening in on Rapunzel and her friends conversation about the third scroll piece and smiles.
In "Rapunzel and the Great Tree," Adira explains more of her history with the villainous Hector, who, like her, is a member of "the Brotherhood" of the Dark Kingdom and who happens to be her brother. She also reveals that Quirin is the third member of the Brotherhood.
In "Destinies Collide," Adira informs Princess Rapunzel about the origins of the Dark Kingdom and the ancient and destructive Moonstone Opal, which emerged from a single drop of pure moonlight.
She appears after Cassandra tells Rapunzel and Eugene what she saw in The House of Yesterday's Tomorrow. After Cassandra knocks Rapunzel back with the black rocks, she tries to convince Cassandra to release the moonstone and is also knocked back, losing her sword in the process. Later she is seen with the group as Rapunzel gets them together. Lance tries to convince her to come (due to his crush on her), but she tells him that her path has changed and her destiny doesn't lie with his. Lance, however, also forgot that Adira didn't like being touched and she twists his arm in reaction. She is last seen with King Edmund as Princess Rapunzel and the others are returning back to Corona.
She is shown to be mediating in the Forest of No Return then she is suddenly brainwashed by the hypnotic power of the Mind-Trap and falls completely under its control after Cassandra has activated it from her tower. This makes her eyes and the Dark Kingdom's crest on her palm to glow a light blue.
She then forced to defend Corona Castle from any who enter it and fights Lance.
- Secret of the Sundrop (debut; cameo)
- Beyond the Corona Walls
- Forest of No Return
- Keeper of the Spire
- Rapunzel and the Great Tree
- Destinies Collide
- Rapunzel's Return, Part 1
- Race to the Spire (cameo)
- Once a Handmaiden... (no lines)
- Plus est en Vous (final appearance)
- Adira is one of the few people to have successfully navigated the Forest of No Return and the only one we know of who has done it twice (and with bronchitis both times, no less).
- Adira prefers to create nicknames inspired by peoples looks than learn their real names.
- Her name is from a Malaysian singer
- She is voiced by the same woman who had voiced Hamato Miwa/Karai in the 2012 version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Twenty-Five Years Ago
- "But, Your Majesty!"
- "There is another way. If we can go out and find the Sundrop, we may-"
- "It's real, Hector. And its power could neutralize the Moonstone."
- "I know why. You have bigger things lying ahead of you. Greetings."
- "Princess Rapunzel, my name is Adira."
- "A word with Rapunzel is all.. Alone."
- "Yeah. I'm not a fan of people touching me."
- See, I thought we covered this. I don't like being touched!!"
- "It didn't cut."
- "I'm not that weird."
- "They're not reacting because they found the Sundrop. That would be you."
- "To fulfill your destiny."
- "Look, I am a friend. And I here to ensure you reach the of this journey you're embarking on. I don't have all the answers. But now that I have seen all that I have, it is clear now that these rocks were looking for you. And you must follow them...to the Dark Kingdom."
- "You know what I say: If you can't go through something, go over it."
- "I see you gotten yourself into another situation from which I must rescue you!!"
- "Let's just say some of us in the Brotherhood disagree on a couple of things."
- "I suggest we camp out here for the night."
- "Let her go, Hector!"
- "Talk about wasting lives! You and the Brothers spent yours hiding something no one was even looking for!"
- "Stay on the path. All of our destinies lie within you."
- "Fish Skin made his way down."
- "It's time you knew the whole story."
- "But it was Edmund, the last of the Dark Kings, who tried to end this legacy and destroy the Stone. That didn't go so well."
- "Only you, Rapunzel, can restore balance to all things."
- "Well, I'm certain bringing the Sundrop to the Moonstone will neutralize its threat. I'm not sure what will happen to you."
- "Good. Are we all friends again?"
- "And then there were four."
- "We must go back and find another way."
- "I had it under control!!"
- "Rapunzel should go in alone. Only the Sundrop can access the Moonstone's great power."
- "Release the Moonstone, Short Hair. You don't know what you're dealing with."
- "My path has changed and my destiny leads elsewhere. Not with you."
|— Characters —|
|Main characters||Rapunzel • Eugene Fitzherbert • Cassandra • Pascal • Maximus|
|Other characters||King Frederic • Queen Arianna • Varian • Quirin • Angry and Red • Lance Strongbow • Fidella • Nigel • Hook Foot • Ulf • Xavier • Weasel • Ruddiger • Monty • Mrs. Sugarby • Old Lady Crowley • Owl • Ruthless Ruth • The Stabbington Brothers • Friedborg • Feldspar • Four Sisters • Attila • Axel • Lady Caine • Willow • Captain of the Guards • Andrew • Uumlaut • Shorty • Pete and Stan • Fernanda Pizazzo • Separatists of Saporia • The Collector • The Baron • King Herz Der Sonne • King Trevor • King Edmund • General Shampanier|